WARNING!!! An Ugly Vid.

dastevoe

Wood Hacker
This here is just plain UGLY !
I like where he crosses his heart before climbing the ladder :lol:

Steve

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RUIGBS7B7WY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RUIGBS7B7WY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

All it tells me is that I need to know which way the work is going on every single cut. I know many people who have cut trees for a long time and still don't know which way the limb is gonna go. Then they call me crazy. :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I couldn't watch the whole thing !! When they started showing the injury I just snuck the occasional peek. Sure doesn't take much to cause a catastrophic wound !
I do think it was posted on the net as an eye opener to make people think about what can happen in the blink of an eye !!

Steve

yeah, the hooking the leg over thing... my buddy and co-worker did that on a crane job, strap slipped on the pick and he had a log in his lap. mashed his leg good, spent a year recovering, still walks like a penguin.

At least he didnt have to pay the crazy prices that tree guys charge:|:

michae10.gif

That fella's new name's gonna be Gimpy.

Now now MB thats just not PC. Years ago I started with a co. because the climber had badly cut his hand due to a kickback, he was a partner in the business. One day whilst I was in the tree the other partner jokingly called him " Gimpy" as he was trying to rake 1 handed. At a spry 21 I blushed at some of the ensuing profanities flying from both of my "bosses". I staid in that tree for a while....

I thought it a bit ironic that he was wearing hearing protectors.

What's that weird language in the vid, is that the injured guy shouting?

Back