WARNING!!! An Ugly Vid.

Any DIY venture that requires the blessing of the holy trinity is a bad idea.

The guy commented that he learned his lesson but thought it was reasonable to try because he's a generally competent guy and knows how to do stuff like rebuilding transmissions and blowing glass. I couldn't help it, I had to point out that he wasn't likely to get seriously injured or killed blowing glass and fixing cars.

Man I feel kind of bad at the exposure this guy is getting now...when I found this vid it had about three views, I guess he posted it for people to see though.

Yep, since you posted it Gord I've seen it re-posted at least 3 times. He seems pretty circumspect, I don't think he's taking the snitty stuff to heart.

Oh F...!!! That is gross, and I stopped watching as soon as it hit his leg!
He is hugely lucky the saw didn't get him as well.

Oh SO many things wrong with what he did, we see it, we know it, but try telling it to someone who can't understand why we charge what we do to do treework!

Poor bugger, what a way to learn a lesson.

as my daughter mya says....oh grosss, thats nasty
thats wrong

i did the screaming sounds in the back ground as she watched the video

it helps, right as his leg gets hit, just say ow, oh fu.., ow ow oh ow, oh fu..
ow
try it, with the volume off, it works

Took a second look to see that he had strapped the lead to something back in the tree.
At first look, I thought it had just hung up on a branch.

How else was that supposed to go?

Poor guy. Great scar, I'm sure.

Yep, saw that, too...the anchor on the tree pulled the limb back into his leg. It wasn't a rope for lowering, it was for suspending the piece.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad you guys watched. I just couldn't NOT post it for ya'll. I don't climb......never will climb......and now after seeing that have an even greater, than I already had,respect for trees when cutting them.
I am fortunate to have a close friend who is recently retired who was "one of you",that I call when I go to the bush to cut anything "iffy" just to be there & guide me or look out for anything he sees as being hazardous or troublesome or steer clear of if need be. So I thought you guys would appreciate the vid. from a professional point of view.

Steve

You are smart about that, Steve. I think the count is seven dead in my prefecture this year due to tree cutting mistakes. About average, and usually none of them much in the way of professionals. One poor fellow lived close by, but he was really a carpenter with his usual work very slow. All I know is that he was cutting in fairly deep snow, separated from others, and an Oak was found on top of him. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
This here is just plain UGLY !
I like where he crosses his heart before climbing the ladder :lol:

Steve

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RUIGBS7B7WY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RUIGBS7B7WY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

As a medical professional prior to getting into the arborist field let me say a few things! That was definately NOT from North America ... if you look down at your leg after being in that accident and your leg looks like that with huge black threads and all crossed up like that ... call your lawyer. That looked like my daughter's grade 3 sawing project. Ouch ... BUT the real ouch will be his long term outcome after that hack job of a repair.

Last edited:
I was wondering about those crazy stitches. My foot had crazy stitches like that, but that's cuz there was no skin.

I wasn't too impressed with the crazy stitches in my arm either, but they did it like that because it was right in the crux of the elbow where it bends and flexes a lot. You'd think they could have done a little neater job on that leg.

The nurse or doctor that was speaking to him seemed to be using American English.

ya - I caught that too.

I wasn't too impressed with the crazy stitches in my arm either, but they did it like that because it was right in the crux of the elbow where it bends and flexes a lot. You'd think they could have done a little neater job on that leg.

Some times that is required but ... that wasn't the case here.

Ok - I rewatched that video again. The guy and nurse both had very good English but the silk sutures are NOT acceptable practice anymore. I've been "in the industry" long enought to know we got rid of silk suturing like that 10 + years ago.
Regardless hope the poor guy is ok. I'm taking this video and putting it on my laptop for use when quoting jobs.

According to his YouTube profile he's a pro photographer based in Atlanta, Ga... that hits kinda close to home.

Back