Treemotion Review

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 87
  • Views 20K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw Ed a few days ago, he is working on a lighter version.

the problem Buck, is when they make things lighter, say like the glide-lite?

they make it less comfortable.

they need to find a balance, fairly light and comfortable.

man, i hate winter now, wish it was April :)

ha ha, yeah why is it that the US is still stuck in the imperial measurement system? It is an ancient combo of Britain/Roman times..lol

the rest of the world has gone metric, get with it will ya?:P

Nice review on the TM!

The problem I have on mine is that the harness keeps wanting to slide off my waist, like a big pair of pants, i have tried tightening it up but still slides off. But again i only have about 5 hours in the saddle so far, its only a few months old and the jobs that i have had didnt need any climbing.

Well, i have climbed a few climbs in it, hung some saw off it and tweaked it here and there.

Adjusting the bridge is super easy :)

and in all the pics i would have thought that the material that it is made from would be flimsy and weak.

not so.

It is some super thick, bombproof vinyl-type stuff that is laminated.

It is really tough... Now I can see it marred up easily on rough bark, but not broken down at all.

the amount that you can adjust this thing is crazy, I have never been this comfy and plush feeling in a saddle.

and even though it is a great ride, you can still move more in it than any I've tried.

Even the Treeflex would numb your legs if you have to hang after awhile; not so with the TM, i hung for 25 min straight and was texting my daughter to keep my ADHD under check ;) and no numbness or discomfort.

but where this thing really works is in mobility. I have always just "almost" been in a good position in tricky spots, we all know what I mean :)

I can now get that "little" bit extra and put myself in the spot that is most ergonomically best.

and clipping into those front "D"'s? yeah baby, like a cold beer on a hot day :)

so, all in all, a good investment and more work in it will be the true test.

cheers!

one thing that pops out when you see it, is that the padding in not very thick.

this is a good thing.

When manufacturers try to go with thicker padding, all you get is hot :(

smarter, anatomically-correct padding is the key .

wider where it needs to be and narrow where it should be ;)

Back