I second that Treemotion

Sad to hear New Tribe is scaling back. I wondered back when they quit making their Tree Boat - it was the best for camping aloft. I have five saddles (recently gave two away). The Onyx just fits me correctly. No junk-squeeze, no sore hips, comfy as a chair, and sufficient attachment points for my needs. I run two rope bridges.
Just ordered a replacement as I only work part-time now and Rec climb. Got a size 2 so I can use it over my polar Carhartt arctic winter-wear. View attachment 125865

View attachment 125866

Attachments

• 20230104_163616.jpg
    20230104_163616.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 6
That's different than mine Pat...

View attachment 125867

You could run a bridge through one of the holes carrying a leg loop, but I'd be leery of textile-textile abrasion. Maybe lose the forward Ds, and run a bridge there, but I'm not crazy about that either.
Yeah mine is just same as his.
I run double bridges on one same hole .
Coz, it fits with mine... 😉😂
One bridge rope has a
shrink tubings on both end right before the end knots where it touches plate and other bridge rope . Me too ... I'm leery of textile - textile, rope - rope , rope - plate abrasions.

Last edited:
Ended up getting the TM pro from my boss. It has less fabric than the MBeaver… easy to clean.
Pretty comfy so far…. some serious lumbar support.. I haven’t worked in it yet…
I put a couple gear loops and will transfer overthe Shembiner and Gator 🐊 carabiner I keep ropes on…

Im happily eliminating the swivel from my set up. I do miss the new tribe leg pads…. But oh well..

Still online website...rec saddles still on offer, but all working saddles sold out.

This question came up in another thread, but without search I am lost :).

Bump for a source of Onyx saddles if anyone wants one. I was looking over Bartlett's site just cause, and noticed they still had the Onyx in fat boy size(the one I have). It's the only place I've seen one recently.

Back