Treemotion Review

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 87
  • Views 20K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I should have said lighter and/or faster climbers. I'd say that the TM encourages tree climbers (to a greater degree than any previous harness) rather than rope climbers. Correct technique combines climbing the tree itself as well as rope. Correct of course is dictated by the tree's phototropic shape and the task at hand. But many climbers will enjoy climbing the actual crown of a tree, sometimes at the detriment of efficiency. I believe the TM encourages these individuals.
I know you are as fit as a butchers dog and not exactly a streak of piss either. I didn't mean to suggest you were any less of a climber because you are not a skeletal figure. I think we have previously discussed power to weight ratios and found a happy compromise in our understanding.

Glad to see that the light in your love shack is of film like quality.:)

Well Jason, you hit me on the head as a climber, i combine both the rope with the tree :) and I'm hoping this TM fits my style to a tee, initial climbs say yes.

And I didn't take offense anything you wrote bra', it's all good ;)

I don't really think any one particular harness can honestly claim to be the best. If two guys with the same shoe size try out the same pair of boots, and one guy loves them while the other guy hates them, who is right? Are those boots awesome or do they suck? If there's one thing I've realized by spending time here, it's that there is no agreement among climbers about which product is the best. We all use different friction hitches, prusik cords, SRT setups, and we all think our method/product/technique is the best. I think it's best to take endorsements like this with a grain of salt.

What is this business about a 220 lb weight limit for the TM? Is that for real? All saddles made in the US are rated for climbers up to 350 lbs, so 220 is significantly lower than normal. You've got to be close to 220 yourself Cary. What is your feeling on this?

But all of the lifeline connection points are rated at 15kN or 3371 pounds of force (breaking point). So does the kN rating have an affect on that 220 pound limit at all?

Have ya seen the guy that designed the TM?

Hes like 5'6" and maybe 125lbs.

He designed and built it for himself, not the masses.

220??? 5'8" maybe 170 ;) lol and I have tried 7 saddles, this being the 8th, this bar far and away is the most user- friendly and comfy, and when lanyarded in? it the the best far and away.

the red ring under the green one is fab at dispersing pressure on your hips.

It will be the one I use for awhile unless something else similar comes.

It suits my my active style of climbing to a tee, but would not be good for western climbers so much working on poles.

Here ya go Cary!

images

you're a dickhead too Sean :) ;)

so this is a piece of the rope bridge from the Treemotion, I'll tell you, whatever it is ? it is damn hard to cut!:O

anybody know what it is? and what the core is?

Attachments

• IMGP7235.jpg
    IMGP7235.jpg
    854.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMGP7237.jpg
    IMGP7237.jpg
    945.4 KB · Views: 20
Don't think it is stablebraid Brian...and unsure if it is dyneema

naw Greg, I heard it is heavy, heavy, and that you wear it higher up on the waist. Not a fan of wearing my saddles up there.

I wore the Sequoias like Dave, lower than they recommend; but i liked it that way.

Now they did ride up as soon as you weighted them though :(

I really wish I could have found a small treeflex, it was the most comfortable out of the previous ones I bought, but with a bit of tweaking here and there, the TM is rapidly catching up.

I like the fact that the TM uses the same austria alpin style buckles and friction buckles as the Treeflex.

I would try an ergo, but I know it would not be the same fit-wise for me.

gtg, got a 12k run to do, just heading out in -17 :)

Good review bro.

as for the bridge, its some type of double braid rope. I'm fairly certain the core is dynema. Nick or Rich H would know exactly what it is I think.

32 strand jacket, dyneema core..some in-the-know folks think it MAY be a rated version of Teufelberger's globe 5000, now don't quote cuz it is just a hypothesis ;)

Back