Treemotion Review

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 87
  • Views 20K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
and I've seen your pics Willie, you suffer from "pancake-ass syndrome":P:P

I, do!
Stephen, one short work climb but noticed right away that it was barely noticed. Of course time will tell

Good writeup and pictures, Cary. I think I will stay with my SRT for a while longer until it is determined that this is true love and not just a vinyl-induced moment of passion.

Dave

Whatever saddle i wear i need to buy or make suspenders for, i always seem to end up with a 372 or 460 in a tree.A couple times i ended up with an 880 and a 50" bar up there.

My current saddle is a TM and has no real noticeble wear on the webbing, it's maybe three years old, when it comes to replacing it I will buy another TM.

Good writeup and pictures, Cary. I think I will stay with my SRT for a while longer until it is determined that this is true love and not just a vinyl-induced moment of passion.

Dave

nope, tried it again today head to head with the Sequoia, as great as the Sequoia is, it lacked a bit in mobility, and while hanging, it does ride up as you know, the TM? does not move.

and hanging a 200T of them, both were real nice the TM slightly edged out the Petzl comfort-wise and ergonomically.

You like me Dave like low riding saddles, the TM is MADE to ride low, the Sequoias are not, you can see this in the instructions for the Petzls.

I have no doubt that the TM with its hip-hugging design would be a natural fit for me. Waist belt low and leg straps high is how I set all my saddles. When I weight the bridge I want even support that does not force the chair-seat position on me. So that part's cool. How about a rope-walker system with chest harness and Croll? Do you use that? That's part of my saddle use requirements that the Sequoia does very well. Will the TM work for that? Looks like it might be harder to set for a walker system.

Dave

I'm going to rig a strap to similar to a secur, TM makes one, but it is expensive, just a simple strap system would work, you out it on the back loop, then thru the 2 red rings that are part of the side "D" assembly. this is for your croll.

I'll keep you posted.

I have a TM. It's excellent for the lighter faster climbers, which I was many moons ago. It has a reputation for wearing out prematurely, but so has an F1 race car engine. The word `saddle' you guys use reminds me of horses. `Harness' reminds me of Gymnasts. I used to write a review column and as a consequence I would be sent many harnesses, the TM is the king.
Good review BTW.

Hey Cary, why are you trying on your `saddle' in the bedroom? Kinky!

curious Jason, why do you think for lighter. faster climbers? obviously it's 220 weight limit puts some people out if the running right away, but I think besides ease of movement and mobility, the way it hangs you is nice, something any climber, young or old can enjoy :)

I consider myself pretty fast too ;)

and why the bedroom? best natural light my man ;)

curious Jason, why do you think for lighter. faster climbers? obviously it's 220 weight limit puts some people out if the running right away, but I think besides ease of movement and mobility, the way it hangs you is nice, something any climber, young or old can enjoy :)

I consider myself pretty fast too ;)

and why the bedroom? best natural light my man ;)

I should have said lighter and/or faster climbers. I'd say that the TM encourages tree climbers (to a greater degree than any previous harness) rather than rope climbers. Correct technique combines climbing the tree itself as well as rope. Correct of course is dictated by the tree's phototropic shape and the task at hand. But many climbers will enjoy climbing the actual crown of a tree, sometimes at the detriment of efficiency. I believe the TM encourages these individuals.
I know you are as fit as a butchers dog and not exactly a streak of piss either. I didn't mean to suggest you were any less of a climber because you are not a skeletal figure. I think we have previously discussed power to weight ratios and found a happy compromise in our understanding.

Glad to see that the light in your love shack is of film like quality.:)

Cary. I think I will stay with my SRT for a while longer until it is determined that this is true love and not just a vinyl-induced moment of passion.

Dave

smiley-laughing025.gif

That was friggen funny I don't care who you are!

I agree though.. Nice write up...

Thanks for the saw info...

Bill.... You really need a 200t or sumtin doood:lol:

I got a 200t, it was a big stick and the 880 was the only running saw I could use, I tried like hell to borrow a buddy's 660.

Well I'm selling one of my Sequoias now, the 5 month old one ;)

Back