Treemotion Mods

TrailBased128

Treehouser
I've been climbing on the Treemotion Evo original (single Bridge) for about two years now. I have hardly any complaints. However I am curious if anyone has the same frustration as I do from time to time with how small the hip Dees are. Have you modified them to larger Dees? Is it even possible to do? I have seen other saddles such as my buddies Ergovation with larger D rings at the hip. Can or has the modification been done with the Treemotion?

Looks like the same size as the original TM d's. I have a double bridge tied to my lower d's. It does tighten them up a bit. I've not had any problems either way. I think the Monkey Beaver has little hip d's. Hjppo ears I think he calls them. My Cougar has bigger hip D's. Easier to clip into without looking than the TM. Someone will know if you can change them out.

Welcome to The TreeHouse!

They do feel a bit cluttered with anything more than two biners or a biner and a snap. Are you using the lower Ds too? I’m not too bothered by the small hip Ds since there’s 2 pairs of Ds.

Welcome to the house! I actually like the Treemotion side Ds just the way they are. The way they have them locked in place with the lower red ring does a great job at keeping them in always the same position. I like that. It probably helps that I just use carrabiners on my lanyards and not snaps.

Last edited:
Onto my fourth TM and never had a problem with the side D's. You get used to them and due to the size it makes you have a visual check to make sure all is good. The option of the lower D's is great... Especially for shipping the lanyard on dodgy cuts to remove you from the circle of death.

I can't be the only one who has clipped into my Carry tool before? Looking is good and it is second nature now.

If I could mod it in any way at all, I’d put a good old fashioned buckle on and press grommets into the waist belt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Appreciate the feedback. definetly like the fact that they don't move. Have just been curious if its possible to remove the green ring to install a bigger D at the hip something with the mouth size of the lower D's. I enjoy the comfort of the Lower D's when chunking wood or bucking down a spare definetly feels more comfortable and way less strain on the back thatn the Hip D's do in these scenarios...

Back