Tree felling vids

Doing an image search...

Here's a Bermuda cedar in Australia...

bermuda-cedar-tree-in-australia-rodd_opt.jpg

Impressive tree

for comparison, this is the most interesting ERC I found with a quick image search...

DSC_0144-e1294717347918-682x1024.jpg

A common story with non-native plantings...though not always, obviously. Conifers seem to suffer from it more than some other types, for some reason.

How much rain do you get locally, Reg and Mick?

How much do you suppose they get at that location, Reg?
I think its between 250-350cm average in that area Sean.

I dont think theres much going on in the hole lxkllr, but it does go upwards a way and has a nice echo to it. I sat there for a while and had a sandwich. Great thing about sites like this is that very few people go there. It seems they have such a psychological dependency on cell phone service that they are afraid of the back country where there is none. 20190905_125847.jpg

Those are a couple of awesome pics to have personally experienced, Reg

Focuses your attention also. No conversations, no distractions, you spend as much time as you like at each place on the journey. I generally prefer my nature solo.

I hear ya, Reg.

Way back in the day when I was logging in ME, I would sometimes drive way the hell out on the haul road on a weekend, find a turn out and chill, smoke a joint, as we called it then, and just revel in the notion that there was no one else for miles around in that semi wilderness, at least that's how it seemed to me.

Definitely some inner peace when I am alone.

I also get the same feeling when I am up late at night or get up early for work. There is a different feeling to me when I know most people are still sleeping and tucked up in bed.

Back