Tree felling vids

I should add, I didn't say friggin. My word was automatically edited it seems. Friggin is a poor substitute to describe how I feel

I appreciate your explanation.

It was an interesting statement. I couldn't/ don't understand the context from my personal experience living in a cave, so to speak, not having a large internet presence within the industry.

As a positive trailer for an awe-inspiring channel by a talented guy, followed by your statement, I was at a disconnect between the two.

You are good at expressing yourself, so I should have known it was intentional, and I was in the dark about why you'd make a statement with that connotation.

Last edited:
Just seen that vid by Willy on FB, very good.

PS @RegC did you know some of your vids get on FB through something called Deep Sea Fishing Jobs, and they have an ad break so they must be monetised or whatever the word is?

Ive heard Mick. Although I can't view them because I dont have Facebook. Only thing that seems to deter it is if I add music or watermarking. Thanks anyway

Willie still has that baby face... that's a lot of skill for such a young looker :)

Who Or what are the fakes? How may a person be fake? How is someone ever fake who tries to do tree work? Are there any well-known fakes out there?
the ISA and Arbormaster... you don't get more well known that that!

Ive come across a ton of fakes in our line of work Jed....mainly pretending to know what they dont know, claiming to have done stuff they haven't or being someone they are not. Then theres others who are just embittered by the ability or success of another person, or maybe just a person who wont toe the line or who has a different point of view. So they do their upmost to discredit that or those individuals or what he or she stands for. Then theres do-gooders but with ulterior motives. Groups of them are worse still, they suddenly find a backbone, voice and wagging fingers. Yet stood alone they are practically invisible. No shortage of them here in BC either.....hiding behind phony titles, trophies, certificates, government/municipal positions. If you dont comply with their group cause then you are part of their problem. I cant help but friggin' despise them. You did ask

Didn't know you were thinking or feeling like that Reg. You seem to have kept your outer expressions very positive. Always good to hear the truth from those that know it, though criticism and complaining can easily become toxic. Social media has given a voice to many outsiders. I've heard some big eye-opening truths from Guy Meilleur that he would never make public statements about. And have a feeling that Jerry B has his share of stories to tell about the institutions and higher-ups in them after Fundamentals came out.

Maybe we should have a private thread where these truths could be shared. Or maybe its best to just keep doing the good work and sharing it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I thought I should pop in and share but there it is 8) My friend Gary did a nice job on that video.

Reg: Thank you very much. So much easier to see your thinking after your brief but well thought out explanation. I had absolutely no idea what you were taking about after I read the, "Don't be a fake," line in your vid, but after your post, I was literally laughing out loud thinking, "Ohhh... he shoulda just said he was talking about Davey guys." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Willie: Fallin OG with Gerry's 090 eh? :/: I dunno, man... I dunno.:lol:

MAN, it must be nice to be you! Dang dude! DDDAAAANNNGGGG!!!!! Probly the best vid I ever SEEN. Underwater??? DDDAAAAAAAANNNNG.

Ha, I gotta give tree work a try while wearing suit and tie!
Nice little leverage aid with the chunk of wood to get stump pried out of ground.
Oh and who needs flagmen!!

I'm feeling so inadequate. The biggest tree I've ever climbed and topped was a 120' tulip poplar in New Jersey, and that was way back in 1983. Trees here in Florida rarely reach 100'.
Tallest tree I’ve ever been in was a Tulip too, it’s very rare that a 150’ rope, (doubled so TIP 75ft) isn’t enough from tie in to ground. My tie in was around 110’ on that Tulip, it was pretty beautiful tree... for a poplar. Probably 85+% of the trees around here, a 120’ line is enough.

Getting 200’ + up a big west coast conifer is on my bucket list. One of these days.

Rigged out a big oak limb in a compromised tree. This tree was part of a climbing wall at one time....I managed to find 2 embedded lag bolts with my first face cut. The ropes that were part of a climbing system got encapsulated by wood at some point.

Boss....I actually got it UNDER 2 minutes!!

v

Those ivy coated trees are bothering me :^D

After getting the oak broken down, I'd be out there with my axe whacking ivy stalks. When it dies, it can be boxed up and sent back to England where it belongs. Send it to the queen postage due :^D

Back