Tiger escape

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
malice or negligence? still rooting for the tiger, frans?

still a kid, innocent bystander? if he was tantalizing it so be it but i just think it crappy to root for the tiger over an innocent

a shitty day for at least three people and one tiger. I am supposing with the short time span of the incident (I am assuming) that it wasnt long enough to go to the infirmary and get some big mofo tranquilizers?
Its too bad a species that doesnt have alot of members died, its worse that a person died.
Zoos suck for animals but I think they are a necessary evil for research.
One would assume that after keeping lions and tigers since the times of Caeser that perhaps we would have figured out exactly how high the best jumping tiger can jump?

Zoos suck for animals

Sure, maybe a shitty unregulated zoo. But just think - do wild animals get medical attention, or protection from being eaten? Do wild animals ever want for food? If you think about it, these "poor caged critters" have it better than a lotta homeless people much less "free" wild animals fending for themselves on the Serengeti.

a nice zoo is still about as good as a nice prison. I have paid my entrance fee to go and have a lookey loo its true. The small zoo we had here in Vancouver was closed a few years back, we do still have a decent aquarium (no orcas anymore though) and a half assed animal park within an hours drive.

http://www.vanaqua.org/home/

http://www.gvzoo.com/

It's freedom vs. security. You can have alternate amounts of each, but not both. Just as our government and many sheeple continue to vote for and create more and more government to 'protect' us, we lose our freedoms.

for a person to be put in a cage, restricted movement and activities, daily planned feedings and such, medical care provided...

sounds like a zoo to me, BUT, I do admit to never having been in jail or prison so my comparison is relatively without merit. :)

A pal of mine bought a kitten ($450) that I've long since forgotten the breed of >>> that was crossed at some point with a Bengal Tiger.
This cat was no bigger than a shoe box, FULL GROWN, and it was pound-for-pound so muscular that if it had a beef with you, it was a huge problem.
His name was "Savage".
It was awe-striking, the amount of strength this cat had.
Multiply that by 40.
I do not want to be in the path of a cougar (problem for Western states).
A zoo animal gone primal is a one-in-a-million.
Cougars are a growing problem.
You just cannot imagine the strength.

any animal that can convince a Grizzly to piss off has my respect, bigtime.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h7MuFDVEUro&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h7MuFDVEUro&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Pauilie, that vid is right-on !!! The pure density of muscle is hard to imagine.
Dan (my pal) would lift his 'kitty' up, and it was like lifting LEAD. These cats are pure muscle.
Don't f**k with a wild cat of any kind.

that was a nice cat! i hunt cougar and ill be the first to say dont take the shot if it aint perfect!

I would never root for a tiger to kill someone but!!! If I was in jail for life as a person, I'd try to escape and I'd possibly kill my captors, hard to say? So it would stand to reason if I was a tiger I'd try to escape and possibly take out a few people along the way. I'm not into zoos, to me it seems worse than prison, humans are mostly fat and lazy and sit around inside all day anyways, prison ain't much of a stretch for most. A tiger on the other hand naturally lives wild and free, roaming and killing to survive. Putting that animal in a cage no matter how cushy it is goes against my grain of what's right and wrong, but that's a personal choice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some speculation in the news this morning, says dude may have thrown sticks at the tiger and hung his feet over the wall.......fricken nuts! No cameras on that enclosure, which is also crazy.

I have been wondering about that all along...wondering if the boys had been taunting the tiger. Teenagers/young men can come up with some bad ideas.

It's a sad thing no matter what the circumstances.

Yeah, eye witnesses say it so. But still for that cat to jump out of its enclosuer experts say it's impossible. Obviously not if you're mad enough. More will be found out as the investigation goes on.

It gets stranger and stranger...the tiger apparently followed a blood trail to the two brothers. It starts to look like the boys may have reaped repercussions that never seemed possible to them.

"San Francisco police are investigating the possibility that one of the victims in the fatal tiger mauling on Christmas Day climbed over a waist-high fence and then dangled a leg or other body part over the edge of a moat that kept the big cat away from the public, sources close to the investigation said Wednesday.

The minimal evidence found at the scene included a shoe and blood in an area between the gate and the edge of the 25- to 30-foot-wide moat, raising questions about what role, if any, the victims might have had in accidentally helping the animal escape.........I can only imagine the patrons walking around, and suddenly seeing this tiger," he said. "It was probably surreal."

Police were treating the zoo as a crime scene Wednesday. Yellow police tape surrounded the area near the cafe where the animal was slain.

It's not known why the tiger singled out the three visitors or why she tracked down the two wounded victims, apparently ignoring other zoo patrons."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/12/27/MNEJU4SVN.DTL

Back