The Escapees

I'm not saying that, story up here kinda points to a lax prison rules and staff. I'm saying that people in positions of authority should play the part, like not sleep with prisoners and allow staff who are bringing items FOR the prisoners to slip by.

Prison guards can't be the cream of the law enforcement crop. Everyone is human. Prison is a corrupt system with a well-known black market. How could it not have one. The more you restrict something, the more valuable it becomes, which feeds the market.

I wonder how many people are in prison for smuggling thing into prisons?

Prison guards can't be the cream of the law enforcement crop. Everyone is human. Prison is a corrupt system with a well-known black market. How could it not have one. The more you restrict something, the more valuable it becomes, which feeds the market.

I wonder how many people are in prison for smuggling thing into prisons?

Paul Harvey once said if you want to see the scum of the earth sit outside the Moundsville State Pen
during the guards shift change.

I know quite a few people who were or are prison guards that are good people. When Amy Fischer was in jail I knew people who worked there. They said her ID was always missing. Taken as a souvenier.

My stepson was in county for a DWI. He told about the guards that ran the gamut of types. Easy to generalize.

I don't mean there aren't good , honest, hard working people.

They have a tough job, and are in a prime place for falling into crime.

I never want to be a prison guard.

I read something about the guards at that prison from where the guys escaped, becoming suicidal do to working conditions.

I don't know how it works on civi street, let alone a prison. But for the way the Canadian forces did peacekeeping during the 80's and 90's in terrible areas, there was a constant rotation of taskings, so that the troops who couldn't handle things were weeded out, and troops who could do the job, had a less intensive jobs to look forward to. Mix that with personal evaluation reports constantly handed out, for the most part kept troops from getting stale and desensitized to the situation.

Very interesting thread and story. I am always suspicious of these type of things, as in, "did they really get them or just a stunt?"

The breakout sounds almost identical to "Escape From Alcatraz" with the addition of help from guards.

What a strange culture and reality to contemplate. Guards, wardens, inmates, judges, cops...

The whole thing did seem like a big show. Calling the cop that shot the remaining escapee a hero. On average there is around a murder per day in New York. It did seem like they were sensationalising the activity to catch those two. By pushing them like they did with so many people and various resources, it seemed to me that you would be increasing the possibility of them resorting to doing something drastic and very undesirable to evade capture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The hero thing is a complete joke, I think it points to Gov Couomo being a big douchy politiician.

re. the 20 gauge being a bird hunting rig....
here is a brief c&p excerpt of a forum discussing same:

Old August 4, 2005, 11:05 AM #2
jacobtowne

I'd be comfortable with a 20 gauge on anything in the lower 48 states (at close range, of course). Some of the most successful whitetail hunters I know use 20 gauge guns.
The bore is about .62 caliber, the slug about 400 grains, and the muzzle velocity around 1600 fps.
JT
Old August 4, 2005, 01:59 PM #3
Southern Shooter

so at 25-50 yards...
So at 25-50 yards a 20 gauge slug can bring down anything in the lower 48 states? Bear, moose, etc?
Old August 4, 2005, 02:32 PM #4
artsmom

Yes, Moose, Bears, cougars, and bad guys. At 25 yards, it is superior to the old .45-70 Government loads, and few doubt that caliber for taking down any North American game at close range.

Choose any slugs according to whether they are suitable for a rifled or unrifled barrel, whichever your shotgun has.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This could go in post a cool website thread, but whatev

http://solitarywatch.com/category/voices-from-solitary/

I was reading about the supermax in Colorado Rocky Mtns, thinking about how the view of mountains from a cell might be some means of keeping sanity in there, turns out there are zero views of the mtns from any cell, windows are 4" wide and only view to a courtyard. You can see the sky directly overhead when you are in the exercise cage 1 hr / day. A warden stated in his opinion being in solitary there is a far worse punishment than death..

Some vids on youtube showing life in a supermax. After seeing them I no longer consider committing multiple premeditated murders. Not just the accommodations, but some very bad hombres in those facilities.

Back