Throwline trick for traversing

That is a pretty slick trick.

Spydie, that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread. I was going to post the same thing if I still have it this computer somewhere.You beat me to :lol:

If I need to traverse 40' I just set a line in desired crotch and decend to ground walk 40' and ascend with Wraptor. Easy peasy:lol:

I have done the belly trick maybe 20' away, certainly not 40'. I have never needed to traverse that far on a work climb. Usually i need to prune as I go.

Frickin cool! I've never thought of that before. What a slock idea for short traverses! I can see what you mean though about it not working so great for the 40 ft distances. It would be hard to swing the belly that far.

You don't have to swing the belly....let out enuf slack and it will eventually meet the end......nice drawing Nick....a cool trick to have...and one that I've used sparingly from time to time....

The other trick is sweet...Dan Kraus did it, with his grapnel, on a rec climb in a Seattle park a few years back, with Ox and Paul Sisson. While we were attempting to get a line set (via Mike's crossbow0 in a 215 foot fir, he was 35 feet away in a 195 footer that we'd left a line in from the previous weekend. Next thing we knew, he was double crotched-in each tree- in between them-and he started doing somersaults...with a lifeline on each side d-ring!!

That is a good trick. Spydee used to be more optimistic about things.

That is an olde .gif animation that i think MM started; and i reworked with some shit, blood and guts, adding in his infamous xrayShot avatar; thus my maaslovian title.

i played around with somersaults like that, reminded me of spotting belt in gymnastics(only it had bearinged hoop around belt so you could twist too as flipped on tramp etc.). Mostly it ry to preset from ground, leave last throwline shot in to reset climbing line from, or attach rig line that is at near location, lock it off to self or have groundies lock off, and lower myself into it's tensions (keeping lifeline on all the time). If you preset with rigging line in upside down U spread, you now have 2 points can be pulled to and have direct overhead rig ready. Working all 3 legs of that (climbing and both ends of rig line spread) you have a triangle that you should fairly be able to visit anywhere inside of. To get further than that you have to start with some slack in lifeline and pay out the line quick thru hitch to pendulum swing outside of the triangle

Back