This colon is CLEAN!

Butch, NOT PIZZA FIRST! Man I hope you aren't hurting in the wee hours. I think I would have eaten 2 yoghurts and then gone out for steak and taters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nah, the horsepistol gave me some juice, half a pb sammich, and an apple.

I was ready for a pizza pie!

I think I have noticed something.:/:

It seems like the older we get, the more comfortable we are towards talking about our bodies falling apart, invasive physical exams, and poop irregularities.:\:

What's with that:?

Good observation....very true. I think for some it starts (for some) first when they have babies/kids. Poop and 'parts' become just part of our everyday language.

Glad to hear it all worked out for you, Butch! Such fun, eh? :/:

Er, gotta hold off meself till I see the polyp growing out of my belly button. :eek3:

Good to hear man, good to hear!:thumbup:

I've been there and done it even young as I am. I decided I'd rather be invaded then possibly die of something that could be prevented.

Hell, we's all chicken!

Just trying to put the fire under Chucky....he's old, you know. :P

I think screening when it's not URGENT is the way to go....if for nothing else than to get a baseline for later in life, you at least know what's normal for you and what is not.

For the ladies only, here in Kentucky (at U of K) there is an Ovarian screening clinic for women over 50 or younger if there is a family history of Ovarian cancer. One of very few in the country. Like colon cancer, ovarian is one of those nasties with symptoms that often don't appear until it's pretty well advanced.

Ha ha, I hear ya Che. Well, after my physical the other month when the Doc said, "you're in fine health, laddie, don't change a thing," I promptly left the clinic, lit up a cigarette and headed straight to the bar for a drink. :D

My wife says it's only fair that men have to get colonoscopies because women have to get pap smears. She can't wait until I have to get mine. I guess misery loves company?

Hey Chucky, can you get me a referall? You doc sounds like my kinda guy!

I dunno. Do you have to undergo general anesthesia for a pap smear?

And is the gizmo 5 FEET LONG?

RichardsFig1.jpg

I have two observations on this matter.

1) They can shove something 5 feet up my ass after I'm dead, not a minute sooner.

2) Within a few years the technology will exist where I can swallow a remote camera in capsule form and it can take pictures on the way through (from the top down, not from the bottom up). When that technology is developed, I'll get the exam.

I have two observations on this matter.

1) They can shove something 5 feet up my ass after I'm dead, not a minute sooner.

2) Within a few years the technology will exist where I can swallow a remote camera in capsule form and it can take pictures on the way through (from the top down, not from the bottom up). When that technology is developed, I'll get the exam.

1) You don't feel a thing

2) If you have the money/insurance, they already have that.

when I turned 35 last summer I went to my doc for a general apptointment, I brought up the question of ' do I need to get checked in that region?" and he asked me a bunch of family history questions and said no, at this point you are not in the medium to high risk so no test is needed. He did however ask me if I had ever been checked for testicular cancer..... not sure if that trumps colonoscopy but its hard to retain any decorum in that test I tell ya what.

Mrs Smith,the one I'm married to gets this examination about every three or so years.They have found a few polups[sp] and she is prone to intestinal problems.In other words her bowls get in an uproar from time to time.

As far as the prostate thing, 'taint pleasant but not a bad idea because the alternative sucks if you have problems and don't catch them in time.You get older it seems you have to endure some rather humbling things.:(

Glad to hear you plumbing is in good shape Butch.That damned pizza will get ya on it's way out,I'll bet.:O

Prevention is better than cure.
Fwiw, about once a month, I shove a gallon of coffee up the tradesmans entrance. Talk about a clean feeling afterwards :D

No shit? A coffee enema? Lordy, what's that (the coffee part) supposed to do?

Back