The "You can't make this sh*t up" thread

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 303
  • Views 25K
I've always noticed people who wear watches are always looking at them, I mean very often. Quite worrying about what time it is and get to enjoying life already.

I finally broke down and bought a watch for the first time in 15 -17 years. It is holding up pretty well. I kind of like it when I can know what time it is when I am aloft. Helps me keep tabs on things getting done as well at work.

i think we have some instinctual ability to know what time it is. i can often wake up in the middle of the night and guess what time it is, without any references, with very close results. Probably we have lost much of the the ability to know the time without watches and clocks.

Oh I can pretty much tell you pretty close to what time of day it is, save for right after clocks get changed. It's all the little time references in between that gets me. How long a break some one took.. How long did the chipper run. How much to bill the customer for on an hourly job... Making sure I get my arse home in time for Kat to get to work or school.... Shat like that a watch has helped with .... Normally I hate wearing them. Life was getting to hectic with out.

Wearing a "watch" is wack, yo. Unless you have specifically a reason to know what time it is, at any moment, why strap that on your wrist?

Back