The "You can't make this sh*t up" thread

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 303
  • Views 25K
Be nice to have a cell phone. Service IS getting better up here. There are a couple places about every 8 to 12 miles you can call out along the highways.

A fellow just came in to apply for a job, so I ask him what kind of work he would like to do as we have 3 different divisions. He tells me he is a climber and I am thinking, wow! He is filling out the application and I ask him what his favorite knot is, and he looks at me funny...he proceeds to tell me he doesn't need one. :lol::lol::lol: WHAT?

That is the first question I ask every person that applies for a climbing position. It weeds them out fast. :D

I had a client that challenged me to tie a bowline behind my back...had no problems, and neither did he! I've been doing work for him going on five years now.

If you can tie it from the get-go, behind the back's no problemo. I often will be looking around, planning my next move while I'm tying it.

Wow...for some reason I feel as though the book would have been thrown at the young man if he weren't a basketball star. Just shows how stratified western society still is. Poor girl...I can't believe she is forced to pay $. Legal restitution?

I wonder if you can bring an ipad or something to use while you're perched for those 7 hours...

I did the same in high school for awhile. Some strange people are out and about in the wee hours. I recall a couple driving around in the nude...go figure? Some scary people too when working alone. I read a lot and fell asleep.

Back