The TreeHouse = NO ZERO POSTERS.

I think some people might be concerned about looking stupid by asking rookie questions.

At least here (unlike some other forums) they won't be called stupid for asking.

I've asked a few "rookie questions " myself and got back what I considered caring well thought out advice here from folks who really want to help.

I prefer the way Butch set this forum up. At some others, where you have to be considered at a certain level of expertise to participate in certain threads, I think it separates/categorizes participants and leads to ridicule and arguing instead of camaraderie and friendship.

Just my opinion........

And this forum's hierarchy/pecking order isn't established by who is the most perfect and made the least mistakes. It seems like many forums are littered with folks who act like they would die if they ever had to admit to screwing up.

And this forum's hierarchy/pecking order isn't established by who is the most perfect and made the least mistakes. It seems like many forums are littered with folks who act like they would die if they ever had to admit to screwing up.

I screw up all the time. In fact I'll make a special annoucement when I don't screw up...

In almost every aspect of life. More is learned from your failures, mistakes,and screw ups than from your successes.

It's 11pm on a Sunday night and almost 10% of the membership is online. That's impressive. 8)

For the approximately 10% that are European, it's not 11 PM but 2 PM.

At least it is for me!

Doesn't make it less impressive, though.

My addiction has meant that my computer is permanantly logged on and I keep going back and checking it thoughout the day just in case something new and interesting gets posted....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Be sure to use the 'unread posts' button, on the top right hand side of every page.

Geeze.....I hope I don't get "tossed". I'm more of a lurker than poster. I'm just a "firewood hack" who likes tree stuff and chainsaws :whine:
I'll try a little harder in the future...........

Steve

And that is all I am Steve, a firewooder and hack in training!
You don't have to be a hardcore tre climber to fit in, if I'm not a true example of that look no further than Gary, Gasoline71. He tried his hand at hackdom and found it's better on the ground, but he still fits right in as well! Post up, there is always something to talk about and if there isn't a thread, make one!

Speaking of the 'unread posts' button, would it be possible to have another one of those at the bottom of the page?

I don't participate nearly as often as I used to. I try to say something when I get on here but lately that seems to be about once a week maybe. Then again I've had a lot of major things in my life over the last year that kept my focus elsewhere. Now my life has mellowed out more or less and back to normal. Of course I still have something that keeps my focus on things other than the house lately, but I try to stop by every once in a while.

Attachments

• P1040646.jpg
    P1040646.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 9
And that is all I am Steve, a firewooder and hack in training!
You don't have to be a hardcore tre climber to fit in, if I'm not a true example of that look no further than Gary, Gasoline71. He tried his hand at hackdom and found it's better on the ground, but he still fits right in as well! Post up, there is always something to talk about and if there isn't a thread, make one!

Thanks sawinredneck,I really liked your contributions to the guncontrol thread.
I tried numerous times earlier today to add to Al Smiths thread on stihl oilers,but couldn't connect to the site !?!
Later
Steve

I agree that no posters should be culled, but maybe only after a trial period, say 30 days. Don't get me started, I often have a lot to say and some folks get rubbed the wrong way . Sometimes my passion for the work leads me to say things some might find offensive, but if no one is offended then maybe it was not worth saying anyway. Like that for instance.

Back