The Six Point Limbing Method

I think that after a person has been doing it long enough they pick on these points naturally, But certainly they can be picked up on more quickly through empirical means.

I've heard many people say, "A person can't learn how to do this from a book." Certainly some texts fail in getting the important things across to the reader. And I would say most safety manuals, least the ones I've read in the past, fall in that category, unfortunately. But videos like Erickson's are a breath of fresh air and demonstrate/describe very well the important issues ones needs to know and learn the most from. Good stuff.

And your videos are OK, too. ;)
So are Jerry's books.
When I was a young logger in the early 1980s, on my bunkhouse wall in our logging camp alongside the Penthouse and Playboy centrefolds, I had a Stihl poster "centrefold" from I believe the 30th anniversary issue of Chain Saw Age magazine July 1982.
The poster was Jerry and his crew climbing a big old redwood with all the guys sporting Stihl saws. Jerry held a 090 with a 5 or 6 foot bar. I had lots of comments from the other loggers on that impressive poster. Of course the Frenchmen liked the "Pets" and "Bunnies" on the other posters more though.:lol:
The poster is long gone along with my logging days but here is the cover of that great magazine.
Willard.
scan.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You mean this one?

<ja>

Attachments

• poster2 007.JPG
    poster2 007.JPG
    556.7 KB · Views: 25
  • poster2 013.JPG
    poster2 013.JPG
    590.4 KB · Views: 23
Man, I want that poster so bad!
It beats the heck out of all those eastern European chippies they have been using in their calenders ever since.

If I could figure how to reproduce that poster for reasonable cost I sure would. The numbers just don't add up right for as many people that want one.

it's been a while since I checked into the costs for a run. It might have come down. That was 30 years ago in Big River. A lot has happened since then, boy.

Yea, I could use a new one. Mine was cropped atr the bottom for some reason.

I have over $150 just in the frame for my '150 feet up' poster. I would love to have a copy of the other poster to put on the adjoining wall. I'd like to get a better idea of what Jerry considers "a reasonable cost" before dismissing the idea out of hand. I think even $40-$50 each would be acceptable (if it comes signed). 8)

I'd like a poster to hang in my shop, and it would get covered in wood dust real quick. I think Jerry would like that.

I outta auction it off, it's definitely an old poster. It had been hanging in my saw guy's shop for years. He was moving and I asked him if I could have it and he said yea. I shoulda had Jerry sign it when he was here. I got him to sign everything else!

That poster is 29 years old. Jer took the pic in 1980, poster came out in 81. I wish we could get more, too.

Does Jerry know how many guys in the poster are still in the trade? I know that Jer isn't so much in the hooks now, but a current photo of them doing the same would be very cool.

There's a cool story to those climbers in that pic... a 'lil bit of old school photoshopping going on.

I'll let Jerry tell it.

Jerry, I bet you could get it done for a reasonable price today.
The whole printing busines has changed with the advent of computers.
Things are way cheaper now.

Back