The Six Point Limbing Method

I'll look into the costs for a run and get back with everyone. Thanks, for the response. It is awesome.

That poster shows 5 climbers, but there was only 3.

I took the first pic of the top with Stan Richards on the left and Keith Ankor on the right.

In the second pic Stan and Keith dropped down and changed shirts and hats, and saws, and I took that pic.

Last pic was me on the bottom. The pics were joined together to make the poster. Willie, that was a 60 inch bar. sorry.

Stan died a year after that shoot, suicide from a broken heart.

Keith is still alive but made some bad decisions in his life. He was the most hopeful climber that could every have been. Had great potential.

As I went through my library "archives" this evening I realized I forgot the fact Soren Eriksson's "6 point limbing technique " video was made in 1985-'86. In fact he was working for Stihl since mid 1983. I have had his videos since 1989 when I worked for Stihl and later taught chainsaw training seminars on my own.
Soren's father pioneered the "bench" limbing method in Sweden in the 1950's. Later Soren developed the 6 point technique with added efficiencies some as a outgrowth of his training as a professinal boxer.
After Stihl he worked for Husqvarna with his "Game of Logging".
Here is a write up from June 1986.
Willard.
scan0004.jpg

I've seen that poster hanging at my local Stihl dealer. It disappeared a few years ago. They wouldn't give it to me and I asked every time I was in there. I'll ask the owner if he's still got it hidden somewhere.

Back