The Official Work Pictures Thread

Sorry, Mick.
I'm getting too used to Jim and his sometimes somewhat inscrutable posts.

As I see it, plenty of brown rot and mycelia in the break and the way the roots have parted shows they were severily compromised by fungus, too.
Not my side of the pond, so no idea what fungus.
Here Ganoderma would be a good guess

Great posts!

Bots, once it was off the roof, how'd ya get it off of that beautifully built support?

Nice pics, Carl. Do you miss your grapple truck? Still got the RG 90?

Pigwot, Great job on the owl rescue!!

Great posts!

Bots, once it was off the roof, how'd ya get it off of that beautifully built support?

Nice pics, Carl. Do you miss your grapple truck? Still got the RG 90?

Pigwot, Great job on the owl rescue!!

I suggested they just pull it over...next day they text me that they pulled it over...lol..it was the quickest way being on supports...dump it and chunk it

Yeah, just pull it over. Cribbing is a consumable.
Why a CA black oak falls over or fails. They just do.
Heart rot, root rot. Drought, soils. Sheesh, i doubt they even need a reason..

:lol:

Very clear and colorful pictures Carl. Nice run.

Thanks, I'm digging the iPhone 11 Pro's cameras.

...Nice pics, Carl. Do you miss your grapple truck? Still got the RG 90?

Of course I miss the grapple truck! However, the hook lift truck is far more maneuverable and get in places the grapple truck wouldn't consider. The HL's empty weight is half the empty weight of the grapple truck, the overall length of the HL is a foot longer than the floor of the grapple truck's bed. I figure I'll get another g truck, perhaps my next "big" purchase, but I plan on keeping the HL for versatility.

I still have the RG85, but we haven't used it in years.

Yeah I knew it wasn't the rg 90, I sorta forgot about the rg 85 model. What are ya grinding with lately?

The subcontract variety 😂, 80hp Vermeer tow behind. I just woke up from a nap, he should be grinding Saturday’s stumps now. 😂

Doesn't look like retirement, Scott! :D

I know right?......the tree service that called me said "I know you are retired but could use your help" and will pay you this much for coming out...gets me everytime..lol

Had a morning contract climbing. Large Maple to deadwood. No pics sorry but it did look nice. ;)

Second job was a Lime prune to allow more light into the house, 2nd floor office. Easy job but not worth the hassle from the wealthy neighbours who kept trying to get OSLO Kommune out to prosecute us... LOL. Tossed and no pics as we didn’t hang around.

3rd job was a cleanup from last week. I was on traffic duty as we had the Tatra 8x8 collecting all the shite today. Tatra is an 8x8 Russian timber wagon

4th job was supposedly 9 small spruce to fell and clear. Turned onto be about 30 small spruce, still it filled the Tatra. Nice truck and conveniently in my company colours. It isn’t mine but it certainly gets through some work.

8F57407C-732A-49C9-80BB-5E1C1B53F9D8.jpeg D8258E59-F924-40C0-8C7A-C395BC7ABD95.jpeg

Last job was one of my own. 2 medium, hairy spruce trees to remove and 2 smallish pines. All cleared with the Tatra. I.5 hours to complete, then we dismantled another Pine for a neighbour, I topped another one as it was reducing the efficiency of his solar panels.

Home late but a very productive day, great money and makes a chance not handling heavy shit for part of the day.

EE6E2EFC-665F-4A3B-BC70-CDE41F29BD4B.jpeg 99CAB32D-5B30-4823-AFC1-2C3CAB68F79C.jpeg D03945DA-A084-4D9E-873E-3886BEFBE73D.jpeg 09350E5D-4DC4-46D6-8B4A-36A1AD111F6A.jpeg E6CDEB65-A742-432B-8562-8D735EA0E0C7.jpeg F1625DB0-AA28-4007-B45E-5C0320736E50.jpeg

Back