The Official Work Pictures Thread

Ah, that explains it. I couldn't see it well, and it looked like a really long and thick hitch cord with a spliced eye. I wasn't sure what something like that would be used for. A flipline makes much more sense.

I just don't get the lack of PPE.
Nor do I.

Rich, did you deem the cables good?

I used to think cables with anchor points grown over like that were the best scenario a cable could be but then some folks pointed out its not good to have them grown over because tree movement over time can cause metal fatigue on the cable because it isn't free to move on it's anchor

For the situation they pass. This cherry had been topped twice. It’s also sheltered behind some good sized oaks. A slight breeze yesterday and they had almost no movement. The owner is debating the removal of this one and two others. I gave him a ball park of 8-10k because there is barely enough access for a mini on one side and a 30” wide access on the other. I need to get a crane to make it easy. I’m thinking 35-40 ton but could be wrong. 60-80’ radius.

I put this in the "Tree Felling videos" section....it is good enough I'll put it here to be sure it gets seen...a unique method of topping....

Reactions: DMc
That was freaking awesome. I wish the first part was there of him removing the fronds. Plus, did he get up there without one of those figure 8 straps for his feet? Was his saw razor sharp or does palm cut easy?

Great find. I'd put it in top 10 tree vids.

No doubt.

He has something wrapped around his abdomen, I betcha that is the figure 8 rag he used to climb the tree. Though, no doubt, that guy could climb the tree without it if he wasn't hauling a 50cc saw up with him.

I dig folks who cut wood barefoot. I've done it some and feel rather vulnerable and stupid during.

How he climbed off the top of that palm head just using one hand and holding a saw with the other is insane

That was freaking awesome. I wish the first part was there of him removing the fronds. Plus, did he get up there without one of those figure 8 straps for his feet? Was his saw razor sharp or does palm cut easy?

Great find. I'd put it in top 10 tree vids.

Did you see fronds work at 2:10 Cory?

Yes I did. That was very cool but merely looked extremely dangerous :|: , it didn't have the absurd level of strength and skill the first guy showed, imo.

@ruel
I went up 10ft higher on the limb and then made a redirect. I wanted to share some of the load and also have the new to me ground guy as far away from the drop zone as possible. It worked out.

Not at 100% yet, but pretty good. Nice to be back in the saddle. I only did a 40 footer and a small crown 70'. The rest were 80+, multi stemmed spready skinned out trees. I'm going to ease back into that kind of nonsense.

Back