The Official Work Pictures Thread

Jed are you saying you go Ddrt a lot using a taut line hitch instead of SRT? I wasn't totally sure what you meant. Thanks.

Some commercial production structure pruning marathon.....Friday and Saturday and tomorrow too....

3e26b2ca5d813728de49ff2221fd4e9d.jpg

I'm already refusing pruning jobs on certain tree species myself, particularly conifers.

Bugs are flying right now, and hungry as all get out!

Are you a professional arborist, or does e z money trump your business ethics?

Jomo

First, do no harm Butch.

As true for arborists as it is for doctors, IMO.

http://static.colostate.edu/client-files/csfs/documents/IpsBeetleUpdate_final.pdf

When do ips beetles attack trees?
Ips beetles in Colorado can have from 2 to 4 generations per year. Emergence will depend on temperature. If consistent daytime temperatures reach 50°F to 60°F, beetles will begin emerging. They may fly as early as March and flight can continue into November. Beetles can attack trees throughout the flight period; however, the first spring flight appears to be the most damaging.

Luckily most of my work's removals.

Jomo

Thanks Gary. Yeah...they're a bit delicate up there. Whatever. We'll see if I get the bid. Those two for 1900....over wires not high wires but targets like teak wall and catararam boat etc. Leave chips and wood.

In some vehicles that light will come on if the mileage changes drastically. Is this the first time you've had it loaded full?

If it's still running good might be time to black tape it. Over the light. Just kidding..........sort of.

Man I was hoping to hear nothing but good things about the new truck for awhile.

Still a sweet setup and you're out there turning wheels!

I've loaded the shit out of it with chips and wood. It won't dump a full load ever.....think I need PC'S mini lift to start it lifting.

I called Irish Joe.
Mobile mechanic, a total bro.

Bad egr.... He computed it, removed it and loosened it up, replaced it for 100$ cash... test drive shows max power again.

He's gonna order a new egr.

The dealership is a $500 diagnostic from the get go.

eba5f3129f05e88739afae9a934ce8cd.jpg

174d7b5f55f35516adb2d7375c202221.jpg

We're all just grinding along...... :)

He grew up on Isuzus in Ireland and works on Powerstrokes all day for a Concrete Co.

Perfect fit.

He left and took the Ford home to switch out a leaky 2$ diesel return but 5 hours to move the turbo out of the way to get the fittings full rotation...... ha.

And a glow plug relay thingy....

Having a good mechanic is worth more than, Well, you know.

...answer a text once in a while!!!

Dude, I think they (Davey) just cut us off on all our texting stuff. I can still email pics with a few words, but I can't seem to receive stuff. I betcha I never even got what you tried to send out. I know yer just joking on the "mentor," bit, but still... if'n you was serious... here's where my mentorship'll getcha. Lost power on a fully loaded landcape truck in the granny gear yesterday on a client's driveway. Stinkin brakes wouldn't even hold the stinkin truck to the cow's face hill... skidded down backwards and smashed the chipper into the house... probly $1,500.00 damage...

unnamed-1282.jpg

Same job... goooooofy, stringy Maple. Check out my goofy rig just to rope-off to the lead over the driveway. :|:...

unnamed-1279.jpg unnamed-1280.jpg unnamed-1281.jpg

Deva: Killin it with no remorse. :rockon:

Butch: Heck ya, you said that... stuck right into my foggy, little head.

Cory: The climbin I wanna shoot for, I think I would call, "All-School"... like I srt'd all day today in this Maple, but... man it's weird... something about Butch's quote about the Taught-Line... Can't explain what I'm tryna say. O.k.... let me try...

When you use srt on a removal in spurs... it's fun because you don't need to pull yourself up manually by the ropes (cause you've got spurs on) and you've got exactly half the slack to take out as you ascend in order to keep your climb-line taught. So, it's good when you have to do a lot of big vertical ascents and decents.

Man, forget all this... I'm ramblin... sorry... I'll get my thoughts together one of these days. For now let me just say that our lines up here in the pnw get stinkin NASTY in like, nine months of rain season... so yer lines are like, wet, dry, dirty, wet, dry, pitchy, wet... you get the picture, and the VT, the Blake Hitch... everything man... they just work so inconsistently. But the Taught-Line, man... it works really consistently no matter how stiff and nasty yer lines start to get. You can run it the Butch way: 2 down 1 up if it's wet out, or 2 down 2 up if it's dry. I'm starting to just LOVE it. Plus there's the ergo advantage of being able to grab the doubled line in both hands, that just ROCKS after you've been on srt for a while.

Back