The Official Work Pictures Thread

Sorry missed the second part Cory. We've got two root rake grapples and one standard grapple bucket. I'm trying to get him to buy "two guys and a rope" a large miniskid with a BMG and a root rake grapple. Both types have their pros and cons. The rooteake allows you to really push and crush a pile together while the dangle grapple allows you to move longer pieces in a narrower corridor.

:thumbup:

FhXSATQ.jpg

Filled the man cab with wood so other travel arrangements had to be made for some of the ground crew.

The Duke boys cut a service down for us today. I had the honor to help train this young man up, he's made them a fine lineman. They left outages to come help us out, it's good to have connections sometimes.;)
IMG_1242.jpg

I just turned 40 and there's a lot more days I ask myself how much longer will
I last.

Don't worry, brother: answer to your question is, (if you have Ray's Theology/will-power)... a real looooong, good ol time.

Evan and Stephan: Yeah, yeah... I hear ya, brothers the lawyers... the litigation stuff... :eyeroll: can't be too careful these days.

Deva: O quittest though thy mockeries.

Butch: I'm now addopting your "beg" modification to the permission or forgiveness conundrum, as I've addopeted your version of the taught-line instead of all of the SRT silliness that I've been so enamored with as of late: just as fast in almost all cases, if not faster, and--here's the thing--WAAAY more fun all the time. I'll never forget what you said, (years ago now) "The Taught Line Hitch is a 'living, breathing thing'". Stinkin LOVE that mate... cheers.

Stig: Learned from the best, sir. Were it not for Beranek, yourself and Burnham... I'd still be missing on my diagonal cuts by a country mile. Wait... this won't work... I can't fool YOU... you've seen to many of my vaunted "hinge-pics."... I re-cut almost every diagonal I ever start. :|:

Man, I've got a ridiculously "pen-pall," approach to this thread. I'd only meant to include these two rather pedestrian shots of a wierd Fir removal I did Friday. The second is of Ed fishing down the little chunk I had taken down on the bull-rope, with the boom of the crane, to land it right into the bed of the truck... nice little trick. I smashed up a buncha little baby-squirells in that Fir. :(

unnamed-1277.jpg unnamed-1278.jpg

On a much brighter note... this little guy seemed almost HAPPY to get cut down.
unnamed-1276.jpg

Back