The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice job Sean. Those little lifts come in handy. I have to travel pretty far for one. but about the same rate.

Deva! You thought the trees up here were in decay... HA! That one is nutz!

Fantastic tool and rate.

Compared to renting a bucket truck and the insurance reqs...

Cool.

My friend used to rent a Bil-Jax 61' Working Height Tow-behind lift. Really useful. I haven't seen a tow-behind taller than 50' locally.

I've used that lift before when I did a week solo. Super useful when accessible, on certain jobs. Able to rig and lower a couple 65-75' foot maples over a pump house/ asphalt driveway/ house. No being up a tree for hours on end because of not wanting to come down and go back up. Coffee breaks a plenty.

Slow compared to a regular bucket truck, but faster than climbing. The telescoping boom is nice. That basket is narrow.

IMG_1635.jpg
Finishing up on the gas company clearings. We had everything down a week ago and I'm on the last pile of brush. Sitting in an excavator waiting on chip trucks. The Rayco is doing its thing and mowing up the small debris

How are you liking that TC Sam? Mines still wants to die when I'm feathering a cut. Two blips of the throttle and it shuts off.

Sam you have a really early HH and I can't believe how new looking it is. That sucker has to be 4 or 5 years old, do you store it in tissues in a climate controlled clean room?:lol:

He bought a dozen back then Paul, changes them out every couple of months;). Sam does have the coolest looking gear around the House and obviously knows how to keep it looking that way. I had an interesting day. I came across this log truck early this morning, the driver passed out and ran off the breakwater into the bay. It must've looked like Dukes of Hazard on steroids. Luckily, the tide was dead low and it was dry where there's normally two or three feet of water. The driver is a friend who came out of it without a scratch and the truck was amazingly intact and neither the oil pan or fuel tank ruptured.
We have a job fifty yards across the highway taking out about thirty assorted magnolias, bays and long leaf pines, several of which are old cat faced turpentine trees from way back.
IMG_2329.jpg IMG_2336.jpg IMG_2338.jpg

Good pics.

So those trees were 'tapped' for turpentine back in the day by old-timers??

Cool pics, Sam.

You make treework look good.

Thank you!

Ha, my HH does kind of ride in it's own bag, with it's own little rope. It doesn't get to party with all the aluminum stuff. . . Teetotaler, home by 9, that kind of thing :lol:

Cool Pictures Ray!!

That's right Cory. You can see traces of the sheet metal they used to funnel the sap down into a pot. The last turpentine still here closed about 1950.

Very cool!

Oh, those humans, they are verrrrrry resourceful8)

I was trying to make it barber chair. I'll get in that tree fail thread one of these days...

Or rather it had a pretty neutral lean and I really wanted it to go where I aimed it. The customer has already lost a lot of trees and I didn't want to tear up anything I didn't need too.

...Ha, my HH does kind of ride in it's own bag, with it's own little rope. It doesn't get to party with all the aluminum stuff. . . Teetotaler, home by 9, that kind of thing :lol:

:lol::lol:

Sean: That's a pretty cool, little lift... nice job.

Deva: Wait... let me guess... no good, overhead tie-in. :\:

Rich: Wait... you run excavator now?? :thumbup: Ohh... just wait till Sam gets some dirt on his tcm... he'll throw the freakin thing out of the stinkin tree. Computer carbs SUCK. We've all (in our little shop, and somewhat reluctantly, I'll confess) moved over to highly modded Echo 355t's just because they still have manually tuned carbs. Properly modded (three to be exact) they're louder than the devil on steroids, but the little things can throw some stinkin CHIPS. The mods are super easy, and did I mention that they're exactly HALF the price of a 540 or 201? Really beefy plastic too... not what you'd expect.

Ray: Wow! Turpentine. You can't tell me that this isn't the coolest thread in the universe. So, do you think the old-timers made all of those little V-groves at the same time, or in succession, so as not to bleed the little pig out. Dang, ya'll got some sap. :rockon: Me? I'd be all rollin around in it and lickin it off the stump and stuff. :/:

CT Corey: I think I literally laughed out loud when I read your "shifty," post about the tie-with-one-hand, thing. Ahhh the good ol daze.

Corey YLTG: You have the look of a man who knows EXACTLY what he's about. Good cuttin, and nice shot. Liked yer riggin vid as well. Gutsy little (big) rig done well.

Nice little GRCS/roof-buckin job today. Pig of a little redwood. Popped this... unnamed-1288.jpg

top off, today, whit this...

unnamed-1287.jpg

Pop-Cut... Man, that made a pop!

unnamed-1289.jpg unnamed-1285.jpg unnamed-1286.jpg

Man, I like a GRCS now and again.

Back