The Official Work Pictures Thread

Thank you sir 👍 i have used the tagline on a the wench a few times,to keep load suspended over landscape and into the drop zone. Awesome deal.

What will happen when you get that liscense? If you don't mind my asking.

Open up new opportunities. In CT, the O&T license allows your to treat ornamentals, shrubs, and turf. The Arborist license covers trees that grow 15 ft+.I mainly want it to push tick sprays and get my mosquito license following that. I'm looking to set up my own little foothold in my dads company.

Sorry for the late reply. I've been swamped with moving into my new house and a night study group that runs M-W-F from 6:30-9pm, studying for my Ornamental and Turf supervisory license.

So we had the main line running into the GRCS, a secondary line that was butt tied to assist with the swing initially. It was transferred to the main line afterwards. The other line is our winch line. Helped pull it out of the other trees and over to the wood pile/ chipper. Worked out great.
Right on.

:thumbup:

Had a pretty strong wind last night. Got a job off Facebook from it. Firewood, chip and leave the chips and stump grind since the weather was nice. A little raw video. I did learn from some videos I've taken of myself is that I need to wrap my thumbs. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MTrlAik9CZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Smooth, Peter.

An idea for you...looked like you had a pretensioned pull line anchored off somewhere. If you anchor a pulley with a progress-capture hitch cord, you can redirect the rope back to the stump/exit route (good exit, btw). You can pull from the stump/ near the stump, if you're running solo. Can save some wedge pounding/ add to your favor.

A gutted hinge on a spar can save some pounding while retaining thick enough steering corners.

Kerthump. Nice fell.

Sometimes on those skinny ones when I know I'll bottom out my wedge against the hinge, I'll gut the heartwood. It gives me the elevation of my back cut plus allows my wedge to go in further. I only do this if the tree is out a few degrees. To much and I worry I'll lift it up instead of tipping.

Thanks all. Not the most epic work but I'll do 'em.

Bermy.... I have no idea why I went lefty... guess I do that?

Sean, I had a maasdam tied to the top half that was broken out from the wind. Had it tensioned up enough just to lift it slightly up, give me a bit of pull, since the tree was back leaning only a few degrees. There were no other readily available anchors, though in the past I have wrapped a rope around an entire house. But a good trick you have.

In residential jobs I have a habit of trying to leave the hinge holding the tree on the stump and notching at standing height. I'll leave a little bigger hinge and use the maasdam, gives a little slower drop, less mud flying (for me at least) and I can firewood it without bending over. ;)

Sensible.

Whatever you anchored your maasdam to could be your redirect.

If you anchor the maasdam (progress-capture-ing) next to you, redirected to the anchor point (broken out top, or consider picket anchors out of t-posts). You can then push/ pull, sideways, midspan to generate faster force with some Mechanical Advantage (push sideways like sweating a rope).

Smart to keep it out of the mud, and slow the fall.

On that note, I've use a handheld hold-back line, working opposite a pull line to slow the fall, if the case permits.

One time I dropped a spar into what turned out to be super thick, saturated bark mulch. I splattered the house something terrible. I told people to start washing it pronto. The homeowner's kid said he'd do it later. I didn't want to pay to repaint that side of the house due to staining. What a mess!!

First box was a 4x4x2 and that was a bit much for mini when I would fill it. One day I decided to rip it in half and have two boxes. I might build a third since I have the room under my landing for one more. Of course if the weather keeps the way it is that box will last me till the end of the month. Need some cold weather again.

First box was a 4x4x2 and that was a bit much for mini when I would fill it. One day I decided to rip it in half and have two boxes. I might build a third since I have the room under my landing for one more. Of course if the weather keeps the way it is that box will last me till the end of the month. Need some cold weather again.

Good info ... Thanks!

12 biggish pops to come out, had a fire, winched 'em over as phototropism had them all going the wrong way.

Only fecked up one, which ended up in next doors garden! No real damage though.

Quite lucrative, but hard on men and machines.

Attachments

• IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1344.jpg
    IMG_1344.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1343.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 49
Back