The Official Work Pictures Thread

Good that you can get a mill to take them.
We can only sell poplar as chips, here.

Just deadwooding a pondo and fell an blue oak next to home and climbed a blue and removed branches over roof for insurance purposes (no pics of the oaks)

26 acres, what a nice place to work!!

005.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Mick,looking like a battlefield,let em burn! 👍

Beautiful place Scott,could only imagine living there,wicked setting.

What kind of pine is that Sam? Is the hole just where a branch popped out or? Blue skies!🤘

Thanks Scott, it was warm! Like actually unzip your coat, warm.

It's a Red Pine Griff, also called a Norway Pine. Pinus Resinosa. That one was FULL of holes. Woodpeckers got after it, and there were a couple critter dens. It's on the list for removal for sure. We just wanted to get the big stuff from over the road while waiting for a final judgement.

Aaah,I can't say that I've come across that type before. Look like a not so bad kinda pine from the armrest. Say compared to an aleppo pine 😖
Awesome pictures as usual...

Great stuff guys. Here was yesterday's great pic. First day of a gas company clearing. Inspector told me to sit in the truck till the rain ended. He wasn't getting wet to do the walk through.:X
IMG_1454.jpg
Nothing to exciting so far. Took out a 50" dbh pin oak that had a lot of back weight. Had a beautiful hinge but my phone was to far away for me to want to get it for a pic. Sorry Jed

That gas co job seems pretty big. How many miles are you clearing for them. Or how many weeks/months work is it? Makes for great winter work I gotta believe

I'm not sure on the miles yet Cory. I just know that it will mostly be over by march 15 for the bat migration. By the end of February we will just be putting stuff down and cleaning up later. I should know quite a bit more Friday. It's been decided that I'm important enough that I need to sit in on some of the meetings now. Plus I get 4 hours of environmental classes as well. I'm guessing that I get to stare at turtles and frogs so I can accurately identify which ones I can't take home as pets or to eat

Lotta logs there Mick. Nice you can farm them out for pallets even. Stuff has to be gold here before you can sell them to a mill. And permit the trees for harvest of course.....
Nice place Scott. Beautiful work scenery!
Sam, looks like your pines are suffering there too. Crazy warm for there. Fingering your tree? Are you sure that is fair play, or acceptable foreplay prior to the kill.... :lol:

Throwing some down to a road today. Hazards to primaries, road and house. Trying to beat the next week of storm systems.
Cripsy crunchies.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Atmd8c_9Bg4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rgH5lQ0gEM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Noice!!!
Unfortunately I haven't gotten a chance. It's about 60 miles away. The sky trim puts it down and the Rayco mows it up. They have another 30+ miles and I'm guessing another one will come up for bid before they finish. I do know that I'll see the aftermath soon as I'll be going to get what the sky trim couldn't reach.

It looks damp there now Stephen! That might be the first time I've every sensed that from your photos/videos. You guys really do incredible work.

Cheers

Noice!!!
Unfortunately I haven't gotten a chance. It's about 60 miles away. The sky trim puts it down and the Rayco mows it up. They have another 30+ miles and I'm guessing another one will come up for bid before they finish. I do know that I'll see the aftermath soon as I'll be going to get what the sky trim couldn't reach.

wow, that is sneaky, just mow the fallen brush. Probably SOP but I've never seen that.

...but hard on men and machines.
:rockon: The only way to roll imho.

However... as to your boast about being hard on machines... ya got nothin on me brother. I flipped this over today when I spazzed-out trying to get out of the lady's way today. Boss was pissed... everybody pissed... weirdest thing: the lady was actually super-cool. :?

Man, I'm a jackass... got slapped on the wrist pretty stinkin hard too. All of this comes after they had just given me a 5 dollar per. hr. pay-raise. :lol: My life just continues to get weirder and weirder.

unnamed-1169.jpg

Back