The Official Work Pictures Thread

Hope you didn't get hurt any. Most folks don't wear the seat belts in those things...could be a life saver.

The way I look at it...nobody gets hurt...hoorah...another lesson learned.

It still sucks, though...shame is not a good feeling.

Jed, keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down bro...dont worry it happened's to all of us at some point in our time...ive tipped my chipper on its side twice so far...lol :|:

Dang Jed I hope you came out of it ok. Isn't that a strange feeling when you hit the tipping point. That split second that seems to last just before it goes real quick. I guess you'll have to spend your raise on a new pair of pants.

I can recall that sensation Rich like it was yesterday. When I didn't stow the boom after dumping and rolled my boom truck. That was a doozy of a flop.

Hope that like me, you didn't hurt anything more than your pride Jed.

Shit Jed, nasty! Although, not really- gotta believe there's no damage to the machine except possibly the engine, which is fixable. So, we feel your pain, but hey, its all good. As for the wrist slappers, um, frig them :drink:

Btw, is that the root grapple that came with the Swinger? Do you like it, ya know, when it's upright? I saw a local Swinger with the same or highly similar bucket, they were doing awesome things with it, including picking stuff up length-wise effortlessly. Peeps that say a straight grapple is the best are limiting themselves big time imo. I would buy a root/brush grapple like that in a heart beat but how the heck are you gonna clean up stump grindings with it?

Squish- whoah!! I don't remember reading that. How much damage was there to your bucket?

BTW, it looks level in the pic there, how'd ya roll it?

:rockon: The only way to roll imho.

However... as to your boast about being hard on machines... ya got nothin on me brother. I flipped this over today when I spazzed-out trying to get out of the lady's way today. Boss was pissed... everybody pissed... weirdest thing: the lady was actually super-cool. :?

Man, I'm a jackass... got slapped on the wrist pretty stinkin hard too. All of this comes after they had just given me a 5 dollar per. hr. pay-raise. :lol: My life just continues to get weirder and weirder.

View attachment 76346

Jed, how'd you get it back upright?

Squish- whoah!! I don't remember reading that. How much damage was there to your bucket?

It was a long time ago. There's a picture of it on its side in the rotator I think. It was brutal. My fault entirely, inattention. Stupidity. Ha. Humbling. It was a write off. Totalled.

Damn it Jed! Wierd how shit happens at the stranger times,sounds like you made it out ok that's what matters 🤕👊. We have all had our day im sure.
I had the boom truck take off down the hill without me in it,faulty brake(i had been telling him to fix it for over a month),went passed 6 cars and two apartment buildings and crashed dead center into a eucalyptus. That stopped it! I was running after as fast as I could.... The feeling though,like my stomach was coming out my mouth 😩😫😢

Sam,big hollow! Way to make it look like a walk in the park 💪

My grandfather dropped this one through a bridge in S. GA, probably in the 70's. The old bridge on the dirt road collapsed...no idea how they got it out.

Funny...he never told me that story...had to learn about it from my cousin down there.

Attachments

• IMG_5406 RESIZED.jpg
    IMG_5406 RESIZED.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 40
Dad tipped over a couple scrapers. The saying was that the best time to grease a LeTourneu pull type was when it was on its side, which was every day.

He slid a D7 down a mountain, came to a stop on its side.

He lost an old 2U D8 cat once. He was just getting into dirt work and bought an old truck and trailer. He and his buddy powered it out on a hill and were trying to block the wheels so they could unload the cat when it all started rolling down hill. The whole works came to a stop and the cat broke the chains and slid off the trailer, down a coulee, rolling several times.

He got it going again, but it had about 20 different shades of Cat Yellow on it when they were done piecing it back together.

I think it was a few months after Squishy wrecked his truck that I smacked a RR bridge with my boom and totaled the companies bucket out on Christmas Eve during rush hour. Came back down on the wheels but the back bumper was 90% to the Front and not a tool left in a bin...it was quite the afternoon...One groundie bruised his hand a little was the only injury.

I've farked up some good un's, I'll tell all one day.

Funny job this one, two pines and some other rubbish out of a garden sunken 2 metres or so below the adjacent road.

No one else seemed to want it because of the logistics, I got my mate with a timber lorry in, he bitched about the power lines and the fact he had to move three times to allow residents to go in and out, however I payed him handsomely for it, pulled it off in a couple of days. Good money.

(Everything under those two logs on the lorry is bramble and various climbers and rubbish)

Attachments

• IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1347.JPG
    IMG_1347.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 53
Back