The Official Work Pictures Thread

A few pictures from earlier this week.

Rigging a medium HC over road and hotel car park

Weight reduction on a large mature Lime tree over roads. 2 climbers in the tree as we wanted to crack it out due to volume and speed of the traffic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461950194.343225.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461950211.736683.jpg

Rich

Glad no one is hurt Willard.It's a little different up here with no fault insurance. The cab would put a claim through it's policy, depending on situation might go after Willard's insurance to reimburse cost. But likely not.

Were the cops called?
No cops weren't needed I went with the cabbie to the government public Insurance claims office and he put in his claim. The adjuster pretty well guaranteed the car was written off as it had a value of under $5000. The roof was damaged also. The cabbie bought a windshield and popped the roof back up and back driving. In a few weeks he probably have another car then his insurance will pay him out on the write off.
Then they'll probably come after my insurance to pay it back. I talked to my insurance company who subs for a large government insurance company for my business and I pay $500 deductible . Premiums may be adjusted next year, if too high I can have them find me another insurance provider.

Pretty stressful all right. Just as the tree starts to go after driving the wedge I look up and the cabbie parked right on the spot of the lay. I yelled and waved my arms but too late.

Williard... I'm so very sorry about the money you'll be out for this, but... I'm ashamed to admit this, but... It just really made me laugh, man. I don't know why, but it just strikes me as super funny for some reason. You're a man for admitting your mistakes like that, but to me the thing just seems so much more like rotten universal timing than a mistake.
Jed, I laughed to my self too after the dust settled when I got home, but not so light hearted after I told my wife Hahaha.
Here earlier I finish a life threatening climbing removal job inches from 12K volts and I go to drop a 35 foot poplar in a parking lot and a cab parks right at the lay when it's going over. .....yep rotten universal timing alright, Ha.

Then today we went to a site to deadwood a couple of Beech trees and noticed a large crack extending from and included union on a large Beech tree. The crack was opening and closing in the wind so a few calls were made. Due to the location on a main thoroughfare for Horses and dog walkers and an expensive shoot run, it was decided to remove the tree and the potential problem. We tied a tractor to the stem to give a test pull as we thought felling into the field would have caused the tree to split. Sure enough the tree tore apart and the base was riddled with Ganonderma and other fungi. Basically the roots were shot also. We then assisted the rest of the tree to lie down in the field with the John Deere.

Turned out well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461951040.067358.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461951089.167474.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461951109.813225.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461951144.415525.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461951161.056779.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461951178.729205.jpg

Rich

A couple of clips.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Oz8jZBWuz8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PE9ujCVFq-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vc2WyT3ekFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome vids and pics Rich, that's big beech.

My insurance adjuster just got a hold of me and said everything is taken care of. If the cabbies insurance company calls I just have to give them his #.
He sends them a check.

Other good news he says since I've never had a claim in the 16 years insured by them I don't need to pay a deductible8)

Cheers Willard. Just reading back through the last couple of pages earlier. Sorry to hear about your mishap, it could have been worse by the sounds of it.

At least no one was hurt.

It was fortunate the first one went Pete. If you close up on the pics of the far buttress root you will notice an old metal fence post, kindly bent out of the way by nature, enabling the felling cut. ;)

Huge trees Rich. Pretty cool vids as well. Nice work.

Williard: Leave it to Mick nail it again.... stuff happens, to absolutely every single one of us.

And now... the moment you've all been waiting for... Here we have, Ladies and Gentlemen... yet another Maple stump. Yay, Jed, you've cut-up another Maple stump.

unnamed-714.jpg

Nice shot. Do you use bars that are shorter than the tree diameter much?

Well may have a chance to use my liability insurance for the first time ever.
This afternoon I dropped a small poplar on the curb for easy access to the chipper in a quiet little bay in a poor neighborhood .
Have done this hundreds of times, no one around then put the tree down. Well this time a taxi cab comes out of no where and bam smashed windshield and broken roof light. Thankfully no buddy got hurt.

Glad no one got hurt Willard....some bad timing there

I know ive said it before but here in my area its a No No to drop a tree on street or side walk just for the reason that happend to you.....I climb it to make it shorter then drop it...

Good stuff Rich :thumbup:
Nasty tree!

One of my guys got these today. Old large blue oak dead wood and reduction. Wish I had before and after of this one. Lost a large lead opposite the house. Dead tops from an old lightening strike as well as some compartmentalisation where it ran down the tree leaders and truck.
I felt it should be removed, significant tree though. Tons of hollow limbs from the lightening damage. Right next to the house. HO opted for dead wood and weight reduction. Pulled it back off the house a bit. Hollow 6 and 8" limbs right over the roof. Might hold for some years. Mulched it. Told him NO WATER!.
Fodder from waltzing about the limbs. Felt good to do some SRT limb walking and good climbing in a live tree for a change.

Attachments

• Yinger Oak 1.jpg
    Yinger Oak 1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Yinger Oak 2.jpg
    Yinger Oak 2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Yinger Oak 3.jpg
    Yinger Oak 3.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Yinger Oak 4.jpg
    Yinger Oak 4.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Yinger Oak 5.jpg
    Yinger Oak 5.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Yinger Oak 6.jpg
    Yinger Oak 6.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 55
Here was one of our jobs from Thursday before we got rained out. This tree, or what was left of it was hit by lightning on Wednesday night. I've seen a few lightning-struck trees before, but never any this bad. There was debris spread out over an area about the size of a football field.

P_20160428_121928_HDR_1.jpg

Repost!

Attachments

• kindling%201r.jpg
    kindling%201r.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 57
  • kindling%202r.jpg
    kindling%202r.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 54
  • kindling%203r.jpg
    kindling%203r.jpg
    728.1 KB · Views: 56