The Official Work Pictures Thread

And nothing from your wallet??

Yep, again. Nothing out of my wallet again though, interesting story.
First he told me my driver was going to be busted for not having a CDL drivers license. I tried to argue with him about that in a nice way but he reminded me that he was the officer.
Then it was awkward a few minutes later when he realized I was right and so he found something else to get me on and told me I needed a permit to haul my chipper.
He set me to trying to get a permit over the phone but Oregon DOT needed me to have a Federal DOT number first, which I didn't know I needed and I was number 55 in line on hold for that. He wouldn't let me leave. I sent the crew ahead in my pick up truck to wreck the trees out with no chipper seeing how it was costing me $100 an hour to stand there. After about 4 hours on hold he drove away and I promised to stay on hold… Then I drove away… On hold. About an hour later I was next in line and they told me I couldn't get that number over the phone, LOL.
I guess I still need to get it. Supposedly it's over $100 and I have to buy a new one every 10 days or something.

Even though Canada went metric years ago we still measure every thing in feet inches and pounds. Our largest trading partner the US is right next door that we share a border with........only thing we regularly use in metric is Celcius for weather and Kilometres for highway speed and distance.

Trailer weight ........2,000 lbs per ton, so 5 tons.

Ohhh Yeahhh... More stumps again! Arboretum... only Maples today... only had to climb one. The rest swung side-hill pretty good. Maple amazes me sometimes... they're usually so brittle, but today it's like they were glued to the stump.

View attachment 69837 unnamed-706.jpg unnamed-710.jpg unnamed-711.jpg unnamed-712.jpg unnamed-701.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-708.jpg
    unnamed-708.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 66
  • unnamed-709.jpg
    unnamed-709.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 57
Mighty big wood there Jed. Here's a longleaf from this afternoon. Took off three big limbs to keep from pile driving the yard and let her flop. The old gal was full of nails but we came out without a spark.
P4280640.jpg

Well may have a chance to use my liability insurance for the first time ever.
This afternoon I dropped a small poplar on the curb for easy access to the chipper in a quiet little bay in a poor neighborhood .
Have done this hundreds of times, no one around then put the tree down. Well this time a taxi cab comes out of no where and bam smashed windshield and broken roof light. Thankfully no buddy got hurt.

20160428_135142.jpg 20160428_135150.jpg 20160428_135159-1.jpg

Well my first woe working by myself in 8 years since I last had an employee but shit happens.
The cabby actually apologized for getting in the way which tells me something. .....luckily he's the owner operator and I'll just have to buy him a windshield and light.

Yep could have been alot worse.
This will only make me more focused and learn from my own mistakes....should have pyloned that little street right off .

Great looking rig, Reg. Matching!

Shit Happens, Willard. That's a great track record. One to grow on. Expensive lesson, learned relatively cheaply.

Jed, fine looking work, as always.

Glad no one is hurt Willard.It's a little different up here with no fault insurance. The cab would put a claim through it's policy, depending on situation might go after Willard's insurance to reimburse cost. But likely not.

Were the cops called?

Williard... I'm so very sorry about the money you'll be out for this, but... I'm ashamed to admit this, but... It just really made me laugh, man. I don't know why, but it just strikes me as super funny for some reason. You're a man for admitting your mistakes like that, but to me the thing just seems so much more like rotten universal timing than a mistake.

Ray: I see FATWOOD in that pig! Nice shot brother. Do you ever get the rounds out that have that have that stuff in the middle and split em into kindling? I've got tons of it, but from Douglas Firs. Smells like heaven on earth too.

Back