The Official Work Pictures Thread

Tired and dirty. The mech put him to work tearin that chipper apart. The mechanic told him " you're great at breaking them, time to learn how to fix them".
If there was one thing I had to say for this company is even though we have times we all want to kill each other, it's like family. How often can an employee tell an owner some thing like that? 7 of the 20 guys have known each other for over 20 years. The owners and I have been nose to nose in the parking lot on Friday and at our kids birthday parties Saturday without a problem.

You run a clean operation Williard. I'm kinda envious of the self-made-man type of gig. I'm dependent on some of the biggest nutcases you've ever met in your life just to make a living. Oh, by the way... I was just joking about prettying it up all day long. I'd never just walk off and leave the pig.
Jed, I was in no way directing that comment solely towards you. Only towards the young pups on here and maybe your hire if he's listening.
That Soren Ericsson training video I posted goes way back in relation to the countless Scandinavian and Baltic timber fallers who logged in the PNW of B.C. and the U.S. northwest from the 1950, 60, 70's as Ericsson probably trained them back in the old country.
:)

Tired and dirty. The mech put him to work tearin that chipper apart. The mechanic told him " you're great at breaking them, time to learn how to fix them".
If there was one thing I had to say for this company is even though we have times we all want to kill each other, it's like family. How often can an employee tell an owner some thing like that? 7 of the 20 guys have known each other for over 20 years. The owners and I have been nose to nose in the parking lot on Friday and at our kids birthday parties Saturday without a problem.
I think that right there is tree work! The very definition of "it's business nothing personal".

...That Soren Ericsson training video I posted goes way back in relation to the countless Scandinavian and Baltic timber fallers who logged in the PNW of B.C. and the U.S. northwest from the 1950's as Ericsson probably trained them back in the old country.
:)

Yeah, I was blown-away by his three point limbing method stuff. Thanks for posting it up... I'll be able to watch it before the weekend. Working some weird long days right now... "hurry up and wait" type stuff for the Arboretum. Can't cry about prevailing wage though.

I finally got a second vehicle for estimates, light duty and general a to b driving. Previously Id been using the dump truck for everything. I'm so sick of it....the size, the noise, parking etc.

Anyway, today I picked up this little 5.0 f150 4x4. Previously owned by a retired carpenter. God, it just seems so quiet. I keep thinking Ive stalled it.

Its a 3 seater too so my kids going to love it when I surprize her at school shortly

Attachments

• 2016-04-27 13.52.30.jpg
    2016-04-27 13.52.30.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 2016-04-27 13.53.13.jpg
    2016-04-27 13.53.13.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 2016-04-27 13.51.38.jpg
    2016-04-27 13.51.38.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 64
Looks like a great ride, Reg, and sounds like the right kind of former owner to buy from.

I'm a little surprised to see the winch, carpenters don't see like winch types.

Ahhhhh..... That's BEAUTIFUL, Reg.

Crackin' off more Firs and Maples for the Arboretum again today. Had to climb one of the Maples...

Attachments

• unnamed-698.jpg
    unnamed-698.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 63
  • unnamed-699.jpg
    unnamed-699.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 66
  • unnamed-700.jpg
    unnamed-700.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 62
  • unnamed-703.jpg
    unnamed-703.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 66
  • unnamed-702.jpg
    unnamed-702.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 63
  • unnamed-697.jpg
    unnamed-697.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 65
Way to go on that new to you Ford Reg!!..very clean and its got the 8274 Warn winch on it which is a really good one, top shelf!

Thanks. Yeah not sure what the winch is about, but I'll take it. I like old trucks. Stuff gets worn out, but it seems there's no mysteries. Just get new parts. Some of the more modern vehicles, you can break down and not even know where to start looking.

Thanks. Yeah not sure what the winch is about, but I'll take it. I like old trucks. Stuff gets worn out, but it seems there's no mysteries. Just get new parts. Some of the more modern vehicles, you can break down and not even know where to start looking.
Nice, I got an f150 with the 5.0 this year too. Love it. Had one other years ago that was good too.
I've had too many gremlins in my newer diesels, I know that pain all too well :cry:

Nice ride Reg!

Willard, how much does your trailer weigh all loaded up?

Yes nice ride Reg...most reliable pickup I owned was a 1992 Ford F 150 4x4 with fuel injected 300 six and auto overdrive.

Fiona depends what I haul ....full of hardwood chips 9500 lbs. Blocks can add up fast, that's why I leave them on the curb.

I estimated this tree growing amongst a web of wires a while back . I gave a crazy high price hoping the homeowner would reject it.
Well he told me to go ahead .....so I did it . Me and my 338XPT had it on the ground under 2 hours.
What I thought was a coated top wire was actually a black corroded copper line with a zillion volts.

20160427_131550.jpg 20160427_133001.jpg 20160427_135852-1.jpg 20160427_152533.jpg

Back