The Official Work Pictures Thread

Loops is the same as hinges, I think?

It worked, yes. But it was not challenged, with such simple short straight spars to fall.

I also respect your work, Max. I never in a hundred years would be comfortable working in the tight quarters surrounded by high value targets, as you deal with every day.

Since it is not logging, a tear out doesn't matter.
Even in logging, that one is not in the log, so same thing applies.

Cypress is some stringy shit at that age.

@treeb
Technically work...haha. Some humpback whales on the move after bubble feeding. We where on on way to Zarembo island to clear the last of some winter storm blowdown trees across one of the roads.

Must have been amazing to see in person, especially with the serene backdrop.

Just another day in the life Mike (grin). Always like seeing whales and I really like when it happens when we have guests onboard. We are hosting an
international volunteer couple from England currently. They helped us today to clear the blowdown trees.

Rich, I dunno the science but I’d have a shackle on each of those slings for the log pick.
Nylon on nylon w weight seems like it could cut. My little opinion. :)

edit…. Better bend radius.. less friction on steel clevis than nylon v nylon..

That tear out would be a trip on your flip line.

Last edited:
Had fun dealing with a ~85' Red Maple that got toppled in the microburst that came through here this past Tuesday. Went over circular driveway and whacked half an 8-stem Jap Maple and bisected a Eastem Red Cedar. Myself, junior and part timer made quick work in the ungodly heat and humidity clearing it out. Junior was good enough to get some pics of the boss... ;)

image000000 (1).jpg

IMG_20230727_100417105.jpg

IMG_20230727_100451886_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230727_100522950_HDR.jpg IMG_20230728_174751169_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back