The Official Work Pictures Thread

Just talked to buddy and he wants me to side trim everything away from the building so they can set up scaffold to fix shingles and eaves and then continue removing the trees.

I also forgot my rake and had to use a bushy limb to sweep cones into a pile which actually worked pretty slick for dust and needles as well.
Haha, my groundie has a 'special stick' on just about every job, works really well when the rake is unavailable...or I forgot to bring it.
Pain of death to put it through the chipper too soon :lol:

A bit of an AirBnB trade thing, in the making. Bremerton, WA. Low bank, 2 stairs off the deck 7 stairs to the Puget Sound/ Salish Sea beach. 1;15 from home.

Attachments

• 16922316090664467902869828016871.jpg
    16922316090664467902869828016871.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 16922316397918902776713620896960.jpg
    16922316397918902776713620896960.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 16922317904137886413780072944112.jpg
    16922317904137886413780072944112.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
I've never done them, but I've read stuff online that makes it unattractive to me. I'd rather just do the corporate route, where I give you money, you give me a room, and if I don't break a bunch of stuff, we never hear from each other.

edit:
On re read, I guess you're talking about treework. I meant as a guest, but the dumbass thing still applies.

Yes tree work.
Fired the last three owners I dealt with last year. Yelled at the one guy in front of his wife. Me: " YOU HAD ONE JOB! ONE FRIGGEN JOB ! AND YOU FAILED! DONT CALL ME AGAIN! I AM NOT COMING BACK! YOURE FIRED!
3rd visit to do the same damn tree. And not his first infraction.
He just stood there, mouth hanging, non-believing.
I get weary of people that dont follow instruction to the point of unsafe stupidity.

Yes tree work.
Fired the last three owners I dealt with last year. Yelled at the one guy in front of his wife. Me: " YOU HAD ONE JOB! ONE FRIGGEN JOB ! AND YOU FAILED! DONT CALL ME AGAIN! I AM NOT COMING BACK! YOURE FIRED!
3rd visit to do the same damn tree. And not his first infraction.
He just stood there, mouth hanging, non-believing.
I get weary of people that dont follow instruction to the point of unsafe stupidity.
What was his job???

What was his job???

Removal of a large broken pine. Simple request really. Remove all vehicle targets and no construction crews working on the structure during the removal. Tree was a 32" dbh pine not 10 feet off the house. We had previously done one further out and had asked for no crews. We were able to work around that crew because we were further out and knew the crew.
The last visit, he had a crew putting fresh paint on the house we were working right next to.
He was like, Im not worried about the paint. It will be dry enough soon. They started early. Oh hell naw!
This tree lost a top. Took out the roof and bath room. Stairs. He went through the trouble of expediting reconstruction rather than have us just take the damn thing down prior to all the work done. All I asked for was clear ground.
No crews. Etc.
Trailer parked under it. Replaced the 300 gal propane tank. Vehicles near it. Now fresh paint and a crew on the third try. Seriously WTF?
Never mind walking into a felling zone of a 130' pondo while I'm in the back cut yelling my cut wass off. Almost running over one of my crew with his new Kabota tractor. Coming in behind one of my old crew while he was in the back cut. He begged me to come back after I would not for a long time after the walk into the LZ. Rob saved his life. Dude has no self preservation skills.
All people like this, its about the money. Sooner that house can make 1200 per weekend is all that matters. All my dates are scheduled ahead. No call for congesting a danger zone with people andthings.

Didn’t get a before pic
IMG_2642.jpeg

Drop n drag
IMG_2640.jpeg
Angles look all wrong but this was a big sucker limb I couldn’t reach the top of to piece down and didn’t have room to drop whole. It leaned away from me a bit so I plunge salami cut it and dropped it straight down.

IMG_2641.jpeg

Salt cedar, riparian limb loser trees
IMG_2643.jpeg

Different angle of the salami.
IMG_2645.jpeg

That's a fantastic setting, but I'm with Mick. One stray piece of wood could give you a *very* bad day. It would just about be at terminal velocity by the time it reached the houses :^D

Back