The Official Work Pictures Thread

Getting rid of overgrown cupressus, smashed out the job in one day. Stumps left at 1.5m for the excavator to remove later
Thanks to my groundie bringing her sisters along to help drag branches.
FOUR women on the job and not a scrench/combi-spanner lost :lol:

. Tree removal 1.jpg Tree removal 2.jpg Tree removal 3.jpg

Last edited:
Trimmed back a paulownia from a 1850s slate roof. The limb was about 40’ long. I also cut many of the largest poison Ivy vines I’ve ever seen (5-6’ dia) in an effort to stop the strangulation of the canopy. Homeowner said someone from the county told him 30 years that it’s the largest of its species in Maryland. Massive DBH. We’re going to try to keep it as long as possible. Also removed several tall but skinny trees overhanging the slate roofed barn.

Took 2 Tecnu showers and had on long sleeves. Worst case, I’ll be severely itchy and require prednisone in 2 days.

First time customer who was very pleased and wants me back to do more work. Very large property with mature trees close to home and the owners are quite pleasant and willing to pay.

John, my groundie was a friend who brokered the deal and he wanted to do it. We’ve worked together enough that I felt a little guilty not having you on site.

Attachments

• IMG_5734.jpeg
    IMG_5734.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5732.jpeg
    IMG_5732.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5731.jpeg
    IMG_5731.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5736.jpeg
    IMG_5736.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5730.jpeg
    IMG_5730.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
That vine looks juicy! D^:
Yessir!! It oozed its urushiol oils of blistering itchiness threatening to make existence miserable.

Not many trees I’d do that for.

Kinda strange that it’s listed as invasive here because I didn’t see any other Paulownia on the property or adjacent wooded area. They don’t seem to be much of a threat by spreading. Tree of Heaven is definitely an invasive species! My 6 year old could determine that. Paulownia, ehh, not so much it seems (at least in our area).

Paulownia can grow up in clusters, and the enormous leaves can probably blot out sun for some understory shrubs/seedlings, but I agree; I haven't noticed it as a problem anywhere. I wish everything from Asia was as benign.

This may be a stupid question but is the emerald ash borer in your area?
No, not from what I've seen or heard. Luckily The european countries don't seem to be a sweet area for the EAB, at least for the moment. If, or when, it will finally comes in to spread here, I guess that there wouldn't be much ashes left to kill. Here, the killer is Chalara fraxinea, a fungus attacking the twigs, then the holding limbs. All the dead material falls and contaminates the mains roots. The trunk's base rots and the tree breaks. The attack is only 10 years old or so around me. The amount of damages varies from one area to the other. Some ashes seem to go through relatively well, while their neighbors are ill or dying. In the north and east, the situation seems worse with a heavy loss.

Back