The Official Work Pictures Thread

This was the pulling set up from a few weeks ago. Image.jpg Image 1.jpg Image 2.jpg

Two 3/4" SB's, to a porty, to a 7-1 with 9/16 polyester/dyneema, redirect to the mini. Poor tree didn't have any choice but to go my way.

We could have wrapped it a few more but we were running out of room. :lol: Plus most of that was just extra to make sure as we could only get one hitch on the cleat with both lines.

Holy Moly kind of MA! Love the wraps :lol:

Here's a few from today. Had the pig stripped and down in about 2.5 hours. Two tanks of fuel in the 2511 to strip it. Ran out on the top double cutting and finished it with the hand saw :lol: I was mostly through. Wind came up and needed two guys pulling the top from across the road.
Mike got a few cool shots. received_449307779178828.jpg received_349899179213834.jpg received_2124242284541571.jpg received_675182946268965.jpeg IMG_0140.jpg IMG_0141.jpg IMG_0142.jpg IMG_0143.jpg IMG_0144.jpg

And of course, the last cut of the day. I was separating this one from the stump and nipping the whiskers. Had left a thick hinge due to back and side lean and pulled her into the lay. Well, and the fact it was a dead a door nail. Low and behold... the door nail.. so to speak :lol:
If you look real careful, you can see the kerf from the apex of the face cut and the curf from the back cut. I just missed that sucker while falling it. Only to find it cleaning things up :|:

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 42
Where's the tree?

Now that's a lotta power, and place where a load-cell would be cool.

Gone!

If my math was right we had about 20,000lbs of pull available. 40"DBH silver maple more mushroom shaped than tall but hung over three neighbors properties and rigging it would have take a day longer with all the targets.

Beautiful stump you have there CV!

Sounds like a monster maple Rajan.
Most MA I ever used was that creek job we did this year yarding wet logs. 5:1
Kept thinking about what would happen if something gave.....whew.

Great pics, CV. Shame to realize that big ol tree would still be growing bigger and stronger but for the invasive beetle and climate change.

20,000#, input on the bull rope? Leverage of rope height? How much resistance did it give?

MA, FTW!

20k at the porty. Ropes set at at 3/4 of the tree height. The resistance wasn't that bad really never broke traction just a smooth pull.

That is the biggest grub I have ever seen!

That particular 36" d bh tree was full of them. You can kind of see the condition the wood is in at the stump it's on. About all that's left hold up the tree was about 8-10" of core. All the outer bits were like sponge.

Back