The Official Work Pictures Thread

Solid, as usual, Stephen!

I think Butch is on to something...Some scrap rope, preferably True Blue, Three-strand, rock climbing lead rope, etc. Stretchy.

Or even a strong spring attached to the chain. Every little bit helps when it comes to preventing fatigue! At the least a rubber mat to stand on.

Think springer front end over rigid frame.

CV I hope you planted those baby oak!

I think the heavy spring would work great. I try and run the mini with bent knees most of the time.

I can carry better with the spring platform, bent knees, and the occasional 'kangaroo tail' of one leg out for more counterweight farther out, and bounce absorption. It's more than comfort.

I rarely get to run it. I just make the mess it helps clean up mostly.
When I do run it, you'll see me more on the balls of my feet toward the edge getting leverage knees slightly bent acting as shock absorbers or just plain walking behind it.
Some days it never stops moving. But on some days, it gets started and driven by someone who just wants to look busy. I have also had someone use it like instead of walking. Starts the mini to go get a saw out of the truck or something. I can walk faster than the mini.
Rajan, as many trees are lying about there, I am sure plenty have planted. Down side is it's a horse pasture. Small pasture like that, all the trees will eventually be dead from horses.

I rarely get to run it. I just make the mess it helps clean up mostly.
When I do run it, you'll see me more on the balls of my feet toward the edge getting leverage knees slightly bent acting as shock absorbers or just plain walking behind it.
Some days it never stops moving. But on some days, it gets started and driven by someone who just wants to look busy. I have also had someone use it like instead of walking. Starts the mini to go get a saw out of the truck or something. I can walk faster than the mini.
Rajan, as many trees are lying about there, I am sure plenty have planted. Down side is it's a horse pasture. Small pasture like that, all the trees will eventually be dead from horses.

Ship them next day I'll take them. :D There is no way in hell I would let anybody start my mini just to get a saw unless it's me and a long walk. The mini moves faster than I do so time saved money made, or that is what I tell myself. ;)

Dingo only moves between 2-3 MPH. I have personally watched from up 100 feet asking for a pull rope I need right nowfrom the truck not 100 feet away, guy walks opposite direction, starts mini, drives to truck, loads pull rope in tub into grapple, and drives it back. Same guy that will start the 12 inch chipper for a couple limbs because "he's bored" or wants to give people the idea he is busy.
Same guy that started to argue with me about how he was going to pull the tree with the mini and where he was going to pull from, instead of putting a redirect on a tree and pulling from off the side of the fall zone. Even if he could have gotten far enough out in that little corridor of open lane, the 65' top I dropped in it would have blocked his exit after the fact requiring him to clean it up and move it to get out. Not to mention that a chunk of the top could break off and catapult far enough to clobber him. I turned off the comm and walked away to settle down. Then he followed me to where I went to get a drink and just said fine, we'll do it your way. I calmly piped up about how the top would fill that hole, how we are not bid in for clean up and how he could foreseeably get fubared.
This is my life daily. I need a rubber friggin' room, not a rubber friggin' mat.

The mini I used went power walk speed, so it was much easier to ride it, still unnecessary unless you're already driving it when something's needed. If in a hurry, I just run.

I'm a big fan of strategically stacking up the chipper chute to self feed a huge pile, but without jamming, while most people want to fire it up for every little stick.

Mike got a little video of that top going.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1Uwc30os43M" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

while most people want to fire it up for every little stick.

I'd always tell those fools I bet they wouldn't do that if they had to pay for the fuel and maintenance on the chipper.

Oh dear, Stephen. That is a big effin' topping cut in ANY treeman or woman's book. I can barely believe how far you have come since we first made acquaintance right there on Butch's TreeHouse.

Full forehead to the mat bow to you, sir.

Yessir, and thank you my friend.

But truth...you have done it yourself, making a full spectrum treeman out of next to nothing...we may have helped a smidge, but you get all the credit, from where I sit.

Back