The Official Work Pictures Thread

Gorgeous wood Sean! Rob would love to get his hands on wood like that to mill.

We'll get that other pig done today and then start pulling then other uglies down.
Wish we could mill this next tree and get some 20' boards off it. Just don't feel like spending the money and time right now. Take about 45 minutes and a few 7% grades to get it home.

Looks like you didn't rake, just picked up the swath? When I was a kid I think it was Allis Chalmers made a small round baler. They were about the size of a small square. I think the selling point was that they would shed water in the field to a point. I think people generally rolled them out to feed them. Bit of a pain and stacking in a mow the same.

Looks like you didn't rake, just picked up the swath? When I was a kid I think it was Allis Chalmers made a small round baler. They were about the size of a small square. I think the selling point was that they would shed water in the field to a point. I think people generally rolled them out to feed them. Bit of a pain and stacking in a mow the same.

My grandson rakes for me. Last year we got a Kuhn Speed Rake. It does a great job. What you are seeing is places where the disc mower mashes the cut grass down so tight that it's hard for any rake to get it up.

20190519_122012.jpg

Same, same then Randy :). Just the high Appalachians between.

I went to college in Cullowhee, NC and lived thereabouts for a couple of years after.

Yeah.....gotta be careful how and where you drop a roll. This field really isn't steep compared to some we cut.

The G2 Speed Rake is extremely adjustable. In a single pass you can rake up to 18' wide. This grass was so thick we had the rake taking in the smallest amount possible.

Here's a picture with the rake in it.

IMG-20190518-WA0023.jpg

Back