The Official Work Pictures Thread

Last week on a small 2 hour job I felled ,limbed and topped 32 poplars about 75 ft average in height for a buddy.Each one processed one at a time, I had to leave standing what little spruce he had.
He's right into hunting with the bow as the first pic shows his targets he has around his acreage, pile of bear decoys to the right of the deer [jumpers as us Canadians call them].
I was running a 16" b/c on the 562XP and was a blast to operate on this job.

20131022_142630.jpg 20131022_142751.jpg

Squish, that looks like a Galapagos leguane, but what would one of those be doing away from the sea?

Martin pulled of a fine one today.
Had a broken codominant 250 year old linden in the alley to the forest.
Only place to drop it without removing a bunch of sheep fence was through a gate about 110 feet out.
We took the gate of the hinges and he hit it square on.

He did, of course, use a notch:lol:

P1030415.JPG P1030416.JPG P1030417.JPG

Boom is handy for other things too. My employee was pissed I agreed to hanging the new flags. Lol. He's a treerat and nothing but.
e7eqemy8.jpg

They couldn't just reach out the window?

Nice pics all!

Worked 4 Eucs, Taking big over hanging branches over country back road for new home owners, just bombed it all down.....there was atlest 10 broken ones pushed off the road, they said neighbors couldnt get to work in the mourning....so I fixed that..... notch and drop

Good stuff everyone! Squish that is so very weird cool you get to keep it intact though.
My fun today
yqysujyj.jpg

pumy4u9y.jpg

3a3aza7u.jpg

Love the low as possible stump with a last use chain:D
qysaqera.jpg

9azasega.jpg

I've never really understood the industry dogma against riding the ball, but I'll tie into the boom at times too. We'll lift 10k trees but woe be to he who puts his arse on that line?!
The biggest concern I can see is the possibility of the climber to be injured during the ascent throw a canopy.
In descent, he has only its own weight to sustain if he lands unexpectedly on a limb or a crotch. Not always comfortable but it isn't a big deal.
But in ascent, it's the whole strength of the crane if the climber become stuck under a limb out of driver's sight. It's deadly.

Good points, Marc...The lowering aspect i had thought of...the ascent part is an eye opener for me. That would be very bad.

You can get caught on or between limbs when descending on the hook, sometimes I find that something can escape my vision. If the operator doesn't stop the movement it could be a real problem. The main hook block on a larger crane can weigh hundreds of pounds, like the one in my avatar, and definitely not good to see it passing by. Been yanked around a few times.. A sliding clevis does help in that regard when there is the possibility to use one, instead of the safety through the hook, the method we always use. I do agree that riding up and getting caught under limbs is potentially very dangerous, with things possibly turning sour very quickly. In a thick canopy at a good height, it is basically impossible for the operator to see everything. We don't use communications other than yelling, but I am much thinking lately that a better system is essential for certain jobs. I need my own set up, working with a few different crane outfits. If we didn't ride the hook here, I don't see how we could get three quarters of our work done. Some other folks ride up on a gondola platform, but bugger that. It swings around and is too slow, and it can be impossible to get to where you want to be.

Here are some pics of a declining water oak I took down today. Priced it both ways, and they chose take-it-down-and-leave-it...can't say it upset me a bit! About 5-1/2 hours from start to finish.

Back