The Official Work Pictures Thread

Another typical Pine removal job....yawn... A nice lady from down south bought the place. Her bath is connected to the hot spring pipe. We let the sunlight in. The neighbor was happy about it as well, a few leaners in his direction. Since I bought the kei truck I'm liking it more and more. Super good mileage and convenient. Mine is the one in front. They are all over to the point that it once made me crazy, never thought I would get one.
Can't beat them for light hauling, tools and stuff, and they do zip around.

One of the guys picking up the logs was pretty old. He was cool.

Attachments

• DSC_7301.jpg
    DSC_7301.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_7302.jpg
    DSC_7302.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_7307.jpg
    DSC_7307.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_7308.jpg
    DSC_7308.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 61
Thanks. The trucks come with a bright light outside overlooking the bed. Easy to load in the dark. They have started to make them with bucket seats, kind of fancying them up for people that like that. Up to now pretty simple.

I dig those little trucks. I wouldn't want to do a roadtrip in one, but great for light work. I don't see too many of them here in Hong Kong. Vans are the more common work vehicles here.

The longest drive I have been on in mine is ten hours to my destination delivering a cabinet. Almost all freeway driving. It was no sweat. They are reasonably comfortable. If you don't need a larger truck, they make a great second vehicle to the family car, for example. In our case, that is the family car. Life had become pretty simple. Excellent low and high gear four wheel drive with the push button, btw. Go about anywhere.

Hey Leon, good to read you!

I never would have guessed it has four wheel drive. I like it even more now!

Always a pleasure to read you too, Jay. :)

I always liked those lorries with the side-gates ... someday ... ;)

I never take good pictures. Ever. Its always the last thing on my mind. I took 4 oaks down over a house. The pics suck. Sorry. This one was 100' red oak covered in dead ivy and over the house, reaching for sunlight. I hate ivy. I rigged it all back off of a monster oak behind it. Lowered the logs in 12 footers. Wrecked a 1" bull line...... Oh well.

A few logs that I rigged out of the tree. Not saw logs of course, just headed to someone for firewood.

Took this burr oak down over the house too. Rigged it off itself over the driveway. Stuck the scalpel in it to flop the trunk across the driveway onto a pad of logs, and was like "hey now, either my saw is REALLY sharp and cutting well, or this thing is hollow."

No I actually had no plans of it. I went to Philly area to climb for my uncle for a change of pace for 2 days. He hooked my truck right to his 13' dump trailer and was like "lets see how this buggy pulls." I allowed it. I had no reason not to. Its a truck. Took heavy loads very very well for a 3/4 ton gasser. I was shocked. Sips gas. Literally. I made 130 mile drive on 1/4 tank. Ran 4 screaming loads of oak logs 5 miles from the job without moving the needle much. Has plenty of brakes it seems. Not a hard puller off the line, but when pulling a load up a hill, keeps it power up. It actually might be a good general use pickup. I prefer diesel, but this gasser isn't bad for what it is.

I went to Philly area to climb for my uncle for a change of pace for 2 days. He hooked my truck right to his 13' dump trailer and was like "lets see how this buggy pulls." I allowed it. I had no reason not to. Its a truck.

Um, this is a hilarious statement. You are basically saying that your uncle is an animal, at least when it comes to anything tree work related, and you, being a tad less crazy, were not exactly all in about letting the maniac hook up your sweet new whip to a gnarly fully loaded log trailer. It's like you were trying to rationalize it to yourself. And then, Whoah, turns out the new ride has plenty of sack even if treework isn't what you had in mind for it when you bought it. So funny and good stuff.

I can see you as he is hooking up your truck, you'd be like Jackie Gleason on the Honeymooners, saying, hamina hamina hamina, fumfering, Ah, hey Unc, why don't we leave the wood here for the vultures and, you know, save all that travel time??:lol::thumbup:

Btw, those were fine, well sawn in-the-tree-cuts showing in the firewood pic

I saw him pounding a hitch into the receiver with a sledge hammer and I was like "what the eff?" The receiver had a little rust inside of it that made it too tight of a fit to slide a hitch in by hand. He was headed to his skid steer to use that to push the hitch in and I was like "eff no." I pounded it the rest of the way in by hand.

I have to get it out somehow. I was thinking about pulling against a tree gently with a chain to the hitch then pounding the sides of the hitch with a sledge hammer.

And maybe spray in some penetrating oil. I presume you can't get at the back of it to pound it out backwards?

Or just ask him, "can you get that out?" and he'll say, "oh I'll get it out alright, you dont gotta worry about that none..." as he chains your front axle to a stump and then heads for his skid steer..:/:;):O:thumbup:

This guy, can't you get him to join the House??

Pulling pitons is done in part with a funkness device. Basically you beat the piton backwards by clipping a carabiner in to the piton hole, clipping an eye to eye cable, and attaching to a hammer on the other end. The flexible cable allows you to get some swing movement, and the static nature shockloads, pulling the pin, or so I understand it. Used for mashies and the like, too.

http://www.mountaingear.com/webstor...rCode=979100&gclid=CLWXvOLu0boCFaQ9QgodokMA1A

Sweet! I always (in the 4th pic) have the crane operator tighten up (even bend the limb up) to make it more secure for my descent. I don't want the hook to be dangling around!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Kept 2 logs for myself loaded me with the mini. Rest of the wood we sold to a neighbour, had more people stopping wanting the wood the we could shake a stick at! Had everything down cut up, chipped in 2.5 hours. Started a bit later as I usually get the crane guy coming back from a job to save some $ on travel time, all the crane co's charge from the time they leave their shops. Only had to shut down one lane of traffic on the quiet street!

Back