The Official Work Pictures Thread

I'm with you there, Butch. How many times have I sworn at that one stub, often at the bottom of the bole where an old broken stub is small enough to miss while flipping up the bottom, and big enough to foul something.

Stubs are easy to get hurt on, too.

I'm with you there, Butch. How many times have I sworn at that one stub, often at the bottom of the bole where an old broken stub is small enough to miss while flipping up the bottom, and big enough to foul something.

Stubs are easy to get hurt on, too.

Yes sir watched my old boss swing into one and go between ribs absolutely no fun. As to the cussing more than I care to remember, I like to think I have gotten educated on this but still find myself doing it in what I think is a strategy move.

You would have really liked this one then....
Had to zip line it over a rose garden up the hill... Had enough height. LZ about 50 feet from the tree, maybe 60 with a floating anchor. IMG_0807ed.JPG IMG_0812ed.JPG

Heres some pics from day 2, 6 pondo removal
big tree Bixler slaying some big ones, and zip lining branches to chipper! :thumbup:

Good to read ya man. You got a good crane op if he'll let you ride. I gotta ask though that one pick looks like you're just choked off to a half dead limb? Seems like wrapping the stem would be much more secure.

Banner year up here too. Glad to hear you're swamped.

Pics are a little deceiving, basically I was trying to get the balance right on the pic. Normally trunk wraps, but I don't have a problem using limbs, especially if I have shorter slings. That one didn't come off as well as I would have liked, that's for sure.

I've never really understood the industry dogma against riding the ball, but I'll tie into the boom at times too. We'll lift 10k trees but woe be to he who puts his arse on that line?!

Nice pics all!

Pics are a little deceiving, basically I was trying to get the balance right on the pic. Normally trunk wraps, but I don't have a problem using limbs, especially if I have shorter slings. That one didn't come off as well as I would have liked, that's for sure.

I've never really understood the industry dogma against riding the ball, but I'll tie into the boom at times too. We'll lift 10k trees but woe be to he who puts his arse on that line?!

Nice pics all!

I figured you had a reason for the limb choke. I'm cool with limbs too but that one looked kind of dicey and so I was wondering the reasoning on it.

I'm not scared of the ball but compo is, just so you're aware of their position. I've only used two different crane ops and neither will let me ride. Makes no sense to me either.

I used to ride the rigging high leading every chance I got. Not ever tied in. A good sized limb or piece of brush between two chokers for a place to stand or sit. Compo woulda seriously frowned upon that too.

With the clevis above the ball, I can't see what additional risk there is beyond what is recognized as standard practice being tied in for other aspects of tree work. With your lanyard through the hook, the way we generally do it here, I have noted additional risk. Through the hook also requires more an astute approach by the crane operator. Moving into the canopy, branches getting caught in the hook and possibly interfering with the safety is a concern.

medu4e2u.jpg

esysepy9.jpg

The lizard we found the other day at about 40' in a fir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It's the weirdest thing I've found in a tree yet!

4yvequru.jpg

Here's a bucket baby no clean up job from last week. 8 or so cottonweeds on the ground in three hours.

ezunaby5.jpg

A different pine from the one I posted in the notch less thread but on the same sight. G man in the pic is my one employee who works full time with me.

tytupumu.jpg

Another site and some more cottonwood big top bucket action.

I'm not the greatest photographer. Rarely even remember to snap one.

Boom is handy for other things too. My employee was pissed I agreed to hanging the new flags. Lol. He's a treerat and nothing but.
e7eqemy8.jpg

Yup pistol. I like it more than my old versalift which was levers. I don't like the lack of grease nipples on the newer style versalift though. I spray all the joints/moving parts with a silicone spray regularly. I'm not a believer in the 'lubeless' design.

Back