The Official Work Pictures Thread

Shoot, Brian...I wear the ppe all day long, except for the last drive home, maybe. Why go through all the on, off, on, off business? That's not blindly doing anything...that's being efficient.

Not to bad. It was about 15*f yesterday. Wind wasn’t to bad either. Every now and then a good gust would come through and knock a bunch of snow off of the trees and turn it into a few second white out. About the same today. Gonna get some stuff done outside at the house today in between taking care of the sick wife and kids.

That picture made me feel better, Rich.
I've been splitting wood all day in the rain, but that is way better than sleet/snow.
My fingers can't handle that kind of cold any more.

Nice thing about firewood is that it keeps you warm even when it’s not burning. Nice pile of wood there.

6 degrees here and I ain’t doing nothing until the fog burns off and the sun pokes out.

It's a balmy 6 here with a overnight low of -10 so they say. I picked a hell of a week to schedule a 60 tree removal gig on Tuesday, but the best part is no clean up just get them on the ground and hit the next one. Lots of nice oak to flop tall old growth forest habitat trees.

We did 2019s firewood in a day, backed the tractor splitter into the barn, used the loader to bring the rings to the tractor, hired man split and chucked, I cut and delivered the rings.

Bollocks to splitting by hand.

I don't split by hand any more. This time I used the splitter.
That is my ( So far) one concession to the leukemia.

I use a splitter as well. The only time I use a maul to split anymore is when it?s really cold. -15*f or worse. And that?s only to prove a point. Anyone drives buy and sees me out in that temp has to know I?m crazy and wants to stay away. Plus it reminds the neighbors of what they already know;)

Were you dumping on site? I hope your groundie doesn't wear his hard hat and chaps to drive the chip truck to the dump site and back.

Yep, dumping onsite, the bee's knee's! ;)

This groundie is my favorite, always puts on PPE, never have to tell him, very safety wise!

Honestly, I don't take of my chainsaw pants and drive to the dump, (or in my case, the power plant) in my BVDS, either.
I do take off my helmet, but that is mostly because I'm 6 foot tall and simply won't fit into the truck otherwise.

You sure find some weird stuff to get upset about, Brian.

I don't think of it as 'finding weird stuff to get upset about' as much as paying attention to what is going on around me for the last 40 years. Most of my exposure to the safety conscious crowd was when I worked for the city and was surrounded by people who weren't capable of supporting themselves out in the real world but managed just fine with a government job. Plenty of people who were dumb as a bag of hammers and caused tons of accidents but they managed to stay out of trouble because they always wore all their safety gear. It was almost like there was a direct inverse relationship between their safety gear obedience and their working skills.

And I have no idea why you think I'm upset. I thought I was just joining in the conversation. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.

You didn't.

I guess I'm just used to you being upset.
Nice to find that you weren't. :)

I used to work with a ground guy who was unable to STFU.

I was regularly seen driving to the dump with my helmet on and one ear muff clicked into place.

I wear a 5 point harness with two 6' retractable lanyards with the big hooks and a tool belt for 7.5 hours a day. Most everyone else strips it all for coffee and lunch and I don't argue the comfort of losing it all for 20 minutes but when I'm in "work mode" I don't really notice that I'm wearing it. Seems a pain to be donning and doffing crap all day.

I think I work to much since I’ve been known to forget my helmet was on until I get home at times. One just grows used to it. No wonder I get odd looks while driving.

When your brain doesn’t work your back has to, my life story summed up in one sentence.

It took 3 tanks of gas to get this sucker on the ground and whittled into small enough pieces to handle. I used the come along to slide the big rounds into the back of the trailer. I was wishing I had a piece of equipment...

7516D84A-8201-44A4-9384-4C5563A163A0.jpg

C69B1A71-C67F-4D7A-9BFD-302056294CAC.jpg

4487BC65-2FD6-40FB-9E64-5831CCF57B0B.jpg

Back