The Official Work Pictures Thread

It's ironic that you have to get cold to prevent getting cold.

tpeayta-gif.2610

Our little village is renowned for the convict era sandstone buildings Bob. And the bridge.
Google Ross Bridge.

Going to take care of the busted up tree today, remove the suspect limb and give it a serious reduction. I foresee its removal sometime in the future...

No pics but f&*k it was cold today. We got 25 down and called it when we got down to the lake and the wind was blowing straight at us, not fun. I actually lost feeling in a few fingers like purple lost feeling. Yep that's a wrap for the day.
What model Vermeer is that Rich? I have been trying to source some undercarriage parts, aftermarket, and it seems Pentom Supply has bottom rollers and final drive sprockets for the s800tx and s7something or another.

650 Raj. I’m only at 1100 hours so my undercarriage should be ok but I’ve noticed a “feeling” and I can’t find anything wrong. Feels like the track is under pressure t times but nothing is out or showing any signs of it. My tilt cylinder started a drip and looking at it briefly it’s not rebuildable. It’s not bad so I’ll let it slide till it warms up a few degrees to investigate further.

Yer a MAN Rajan... grew up in Minn, but don't know if I could take that stuff anymore.

Shawn... Those were some BEAUTIFUL pics. I get a weird kinda homesick fer a place I've never really even been before.

Here's Jake Rodgers of Eastside Treeworks. Freakin kid's NUTS... in a good way... in wood under 15", he doesn't even use a face-cut! He just torches through the back, pushing super hard with his left hand. When the log starts to tip, he just blasts off the rest of the wood, so that the log doesn't flip the usual 270 degrees, but just flies down flat! The kid's only 24. He's freakin nuts. He's FAST too, plus he lets me fall everything. I think I'm in love with him.

unnamed-1577.jpg unnamed-1578.jpg unnamed-1579.jpg unnamed-1580.jpg unnamed-1581.jpg unnamed-1582.jpg

Crossed-up my timber. :|: Freakin thing was a hair over 42" on the stump, but no sweat... They gotta 395 with a 42" guide bar on it. :P.

unnamed-1583.jpg

650 Raj. I’m only at 1100 hours so my undercarriage should be ok but I’ve noticed a “feeling” and I can’t find anything wrong. Feels like the track is under pressure t times but nothing is out or showing any signs of it. My tilt cylinder started a drip and looking at it briefly it’s not rebuildable. It’s not bad so I’ll let it slide till it warms up a few degrees to investigate further.

Check your drive sprocket it might have a hook on the teeth catching the lugs in the track or the front or rear idlers are seized.

Nice pic.

Could it have been a black oak? Bark looks a tad rough for red oak. Just wondering

Their resident arborist (golf course) had it listed as a red. It was one of two dozen today so they all blur together.

Lol the combination of saw chips on the snow and a phone screen makes it look like a beach... Obviously it's definitely not, I'm south of you and it's like -20 to -30 wind chill here...

Their resident arborist (golf course) had it listed as a red. It was one of two dozen today so they all blur together.

Nasty working weather but the frozen ground must be making a lot of things easier/faster for you.

4113FFD4-3BB7-43ED-B568-657563ED1E87.jpg
Well I wasn?t the only dumb SOB that tried to work today. We were at the same properties yesterday and they showed up in force. 2 climbers and a bucket baby. Actually he was a bucket asshole but that?s an ongoing issue that I have with him. They hammered some work out though. They were back to finish the cleanup and I was back to do my dead wood and view pruning. I called it at lunch. Wind got to me. Not much one can do for protection while climbing with 20 mph winds and it?s 10*f (and dropping). I did chat with one of the climbers yesterday and he agreed that it was to cold for what we were doing. He was there today as well and said I was nuts for working aloft today. I agreed shortly after. :(.

Back