The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice work, Mick.

I spent 4 hours pruning this Red Maple? Back from the houses and out of all the wires. Cleared a Buncha old hangers. Reduced uprights on the edges.....mainly 2 inch cuts.

Can't even tell. Now I'm worried we didn't do enough. Random Lady walked by and said cut More, Cut in half. I was like, Is that how you did it last time?
11b701024b2447f7819d4a3d436b4b24.jpg

Yeah, that Maple looks amazing, Deva. Never listen to the "bushel-pruner" folks. Weird how you can actually hack a ton out really fast, but to do a nice job takes way longer, and most people just really don't even care (in our area) about the nice job. Always makes ya feel better to do the nice job though.

Thanks for the sympathies, gents...

DMc: We easily righted it with our little knuckle-boom truck which was just right across town.

Cory: That shot is really deceptive... that hill's steeper than a cow's face... I should NEVER have had an articulating machine side-hill like that. Ohh!! not a hair of damage to the Swinger at all though, and only minor pitting to the driveway, which the lady didn't sweat at all, and she don't think the old-man (who's on a business trip) will either.

Justin: Yeah, just my ego that got banged all to Heck and back again. I notice that my bosses don't seem to worry about my ego even one little bit. Lack of sympathy, imho.

Rich: Yeah, SUPER weird feeling... Weirdest part was that I wasn't wearing the seat-belt; I fell DOWNHILL of the machine. Landed (or was I placed??) on my feet, and just WATCHED... I just WATCHED I tell ya, the whole business in really slow-motion. Let Butch and Stig say what they will, but it was just like a gaurdian angel floated me out somehow. The lady just freaked... she goes, "I think you need to become a yoga instructor." :lol:

Mick: Awsome job. I even saw a pretty sweet hinge on the butt of that log. Cool that you got your mate to pick that stuff for ya.

Good show, Jed...your Batman reflexes are showing!

Neat job, Mick...you knew the right guy to get that job. Cool setup.

Jim...don't take this wrong but it sounds like Richard boy already has a good concept of a good body image. Reinforce that...tell him you are going to work to start looking more like him. It'll keep him on good body image track...too many kids think the unhealthy lifestyle of their parents is the best way. They never get a chance to know what real health is. And it'll be good for you, too.

Somewhere over the rainbow.........cool pics Willie.

Gary, after I got over having my feelings hurt, I was actually proud of him. I really think that the kids these days are being exposed to healthy eating habits and information at a pretty early age.

Also, my wife and I are pretty good at feeding them too. We eat a balanced diet, stay as far away from processed foods as possible and have at least one vegetable at lunch and dinner. Often times two.

They drink water at home and restaurants, no kool aid or anything like that. We dont have candy in the house and buy a bag of cookies once a month or so.

We cook 95 percent of the meals we eat, and eat together 95 percent of the time. At the table. Its funny, I dont go to church any more, but if I dont remind them kids to say grace it gets forgotten.

I have always been a big person......so I think I watch what the kids are eating with a little more care than some skinny sumbitch would. If thats all they pick up from old dad, I will be happy.

Over the years that my wife and I have been working on losing and keeping off the weight I have found that I have to eat more to lose weight. On an average day, I eat less than my wife.

But I will skip breakfast and lunch often. Once I start eating breakfast and lunch I start losing weight.

I have gotten heavier this last year, I think from the stress. I know I have mentioned it before but I spent the whole year with my dick in the dirt, not enough motivation to pull a sick nun of the shitter.

Narrowly escaped full blown alcoholism, and ate way too much.

We are back on track this year. Already losing weight.

No offense taken, thanks for the advice.

You need to eat five to six meals a day, limiting the portion to what can fit into one hand.

I need to do that...

Thanks, Jim, for taking time to post that. You seem to be on top of it...sounds like they are doing good farm eating. The summers I lived and worked at my cousin's farm in S. GA I learned what eating really was. We worked in tobacco, hay and corn...mostly tobacco. Up before daylight, cropped baccer all day, strung it, hung it in the barn...crazy hard work. But man did they eat. Big breakfast, break at noon to a full sit down meal...ham, chicken, 4-5 home grown vegetables...awesome food. And another big meal at supper. A nap/break after lunch before going back out in the heat.

Farm work takes a lot of calories.

You may be like Hoss on Bonanza...he was a hero of mine, never thought of him as fat, just big and strong. I always loved his mannerisms and easy going ways...a lot like you!

Keep being your bad self, just keep taking care of yo self, too.

ErinHoss2.jpg

Willie...very cool picture, you and your bad self all posing like that!

What a mess! Question for you...what were you getting ready to do on that leaning spar? I know better than to think you were just Hollywood posing for us.

Showing off your new Akimbo a bit, Willie!

I'd be envious as hell if mine hadn't arrived yesterday in the mail:)

That is one incredibly ingenious device. Every time I open it, it amazes me that someone can think a thing like that up.

Ha, no doubt, I texted that very thing to Jamie last fall when I had a demo. I'll be climbing more this year I think than the last few, tickled to have it.

Back