The Official Work Pictures Thread

Great pics all
Sam that was a fat one. Nice work.

IMG_1405.jpg
Not starting off the best. Multi million dollar home and the guy doesn't have someone plow or salt. The boss came out and put two tons of salt down. Just sitting here waiting on it to melt off:X

Dayum Rich,at times I miss weather and actual seasons but then you put up pictures like that and I feel content 😖😁

Thnks Stephen,Mick,Stig,was over 100 years old that tree.
Glad y'all took a glance,I enjoy everyone's awesome posts as well. I am always lurking here,trying to find/justify a place to get a post in 😁

Thnks Stephen,Mick,Stig,was over 100 years old that tree.
Glad y'all took a glance,I enjoy everyone's awesome posts as well. I am always lurking here,trying to find/justify a place to get a post in ��

The was a lot of tree there...beautiful. Too bad so much stuff had to grow up around it.

I wouldn't feel no shame. Hell of a tree Sam. Top shelf work on a monster of a beast.

Fantastic pics, thanks for sharing them.

Rich your boss needed to call a guy like me. I coulda plowed and sanded that up in five minutes with my 550 with vplow and vsander. Salt is good, but it's better mixed with sand IMO. That's what I spread a salt/sAnd mix. But 2ton of straight sand should get the job done too. Spread by hand though? Ugghhh.

No shame, Sam...you didn't create the situation. Glad someone did the deed that really cares.

I admire y'all's work skills and hardiness to be able to handle one like that...an epic job in my world.

The guys were putting down calcium chloride when I got there. The boss put the salt down with the v-box. We did a sand mix once and the customers didn't like it. It's out now and getting a very late start on some oak removals
IMG_1407.jpg
Now that the driveway is clear I wish we had Paul's crane

I've heard that back east straight salt is applied a lot. It never is done around here. Salt/sand or straight to deicing chemical. Mag/chloride or whatever it is now. I don't apply chemy kals. Only salted sand.

From that pic it sure looks like Paul's crane(or any crane) would be handier than hell.

Awesome work and pics Sam, that was a feral pig of a pine

+1! How did you get rid of the wood, and how long did that job take you??

Rich, that chipper is so fat and beastly looking. Is it Tier 4, is that what that clunky thing on top of the engine housing is?

Gotta love the frozen ground, eh?? To me that is near perfect working conditions, just bundle up and let er rip.

Cory that's the cover for that tier four exhaust. I guess when it recycles or what ever it hits something like 3000 F. I'm not real sure. The mechanic told me not to warm my hands over the exhaust if it's doing that or it'll melt them off. That's the newer one. Mine broke the planetary or whatever it's called in the top feed roller yesterday morning. The mech and I are going on early to take the assembly out.

For whoever asked about my swivels...yes I used to use rings on my bridge. Nice thing about these DMM ones the shackles are interchangeable so you can 'customise' them to a certain extent. The small shackle that came on the Focus wouldn't fit over my webbing bridge, but would fit the rope one...did a bit of swapping components between the two swivels to get it right.

Love the 'bucket' Scott...I've done that a time or two as well, girth a sling somewhere on it and clip into that. :)

Back