The Official Work Pictures Thread

Client sent me these from February.

Fir in a small street in Angoulême. Power lines, telephone lines, tiny front garden. Standard urban nightmare.

Attachments

• IMG_1305.JPG
    IMG_1305.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1306.JPG
    IMG_1306.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1307.JPG
    IMG_1307.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1308.JPG
    IMG_1308.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 49
"Urban nightmare"....looks good, Mick. Good getting that one sorted out...glad the neighbors took the wood.

Good picts, Scott....like your "make it happen" ways.

Thanks for the kind words all🤗

Nice size oak Rich💪👊

Quite an urban setting Mick!
How did you get rid of the wood, and how long did that job take you??

Little pieces carried by hand lol,dolly on last few days. Took 2-3 days to cut a path to haul the pine out,pine took 6 days but 3 of them days I was coming down early and helping on the ground then dumping the load ...
The landing zone was the biggest bottleneck,few branches down and it was beyond full.

Half the time I initially presumed,last one we did similar to that took 13 days but was a wee bit tighter quarters,had 3 different arborists giving it thier all and still took 2 weeks😩

As far as pines go,torreys are a massive version,every piece is so much larger than you would think.

Thanks, best bit was the neighbour decided (on the day) that they wanted to keep all the wood, so took it all next door with a sack trolley.
Instantly changing a logistically challenging day into a mid afternoon finish.

I love it when that happens.
And when they ask how much all the nice chips, we are making, cost.

Breaking in the new kid today. His first day was on Monday when Deva was here. He did pretty good. He was able to tie a marlin spike to send me up stuff. Did it a few times. Heck, after the last guy, I was excited :lol:
Good kid. Let's hope he works out. ;)
He got to go with me and slay a double stem incense cedar. He did pretty good. He wants to learn how to climb. How to run a saw...... bla bla...
Told him, "once I am sure you know how to work the levers and buttons on the rake, we'll teach you some ropes and go from there."

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 55
Sam, the helmet on the dog always makes me smile.

Good luck, Stephen. Hope he's a winner. Everyone wants to "work with trees".

I figure one good indication of someone's interest is to hand them paper and pen, tell them 4-5 most needed knots, and that animatedknots.com has all they need to learn. See what happens. I tell them that I will pay them for training time at home, same as at work.

I think I'm going to start telling applicants during an initial phone contact that a RB and clove hitch will cover most bases, and animatedknot.com is a useful resource, then give them a piece of rope at the interview. See if they did any homework.

Here's a recent takedown...owner is tired of sweetgum balls and wants grass to grow. Alex talked me into not roping the limb that is right at the AC unit. He said it'll fit just fine. The tips barely brushed the AC...I went aerobic for a few seconds there.:\: Butler gum  (1) RESIZED.jpg
Butler gum  (2) RESIZED.jpg
Butler gum  (3) RESIZED.jpg
Butler gum  (4) RESIZED.jpg
Butler gum  (5) RESIZED.jpg
Butler gum  (6) RESIZED.jpg
Butler gum  (8) RESIZED.jpg
Butler gum  (9) RESIZED.jpg
Butler gum  (10) RESIZED.jpg
Butler gum  (12) RESIZED.jpg

and a shot of the top:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t5bEAsjDmB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

True 'dat...he got a pretty good frown from me.

113459.jpg

Back