The Official Work Pictures Thread

You're looking at it. I told him what the regrowth is going to do and he said that would be his son's problem.

I'm sure it was a budget issue.

"How much to cut them to that height?"

They're new Canadians, he works days watching security cameras in a large grocery store and then picks up weekend night shifts doing security at Emergency which I assume would be no shortage of crazies.

I know it's hack work but it made them happy. Very hospitable people, the wife was mad that she was at work last Saturday when I was there with my nephew. Quite generous with refreshments and offers of more refreshments.

Plus you can go back and take them down next year when they die!

Do trees cut like that really die?

Trees have been cut harshly for hundreds of years. I am not saying it is right but they don’t automatically die IME.

Maybe it is different over there in the US. I have been back to hack jobs 3 or 4 times to repeat in some cases. Those trees are still alive to my knowledge.

Do trees cut like that really die?

Trees have been cut harshly for hundreds of years. I am not saying it is right but they don’t automatically die IME.

Maybe it is different over there in the US. I have been back to hack jobs 3 or 4 times to repeat in some cases. Those trees are still alive to my knowledge.

Somewhat species dependand.

You can cut the crap out of a Tilia again and again and I'll will never surrender.
I live next door ( more or less........8 miles) to the longest tilia alley in Northern Europe.

It has been whacked down over and over during 2½ century and is still growing fine.

That combo is max for me in a tree, any more could get dangerous 😎
I wonder if you've considered ported saws, allowing a lighter power head, oil being the limiting factor. Lightweight bars are worth the money, IMO.

You think you can run a ported 261 with a 20" without a problem, especially with 0.325".

I run a 20" on my stock 261 with 3/8" chain, largely in softwood.

Occasionally, chain speed from a larger powerhead is needed for leaning leaders.

Back