The Official Work Pictures Thread

I've seen small white alder in the Ruby Mountains in Nevada, USA.

Red alder, here get enormous...rarely.
Large...For sure.
Medium, small...all day long.

Barberchair killers for sure.

Recently, a customer told me of a grisly accident, locally, that he knew happened a while ago.

Returned to my ongoing reduction job. A bit of a maple and all of an ash. Got my 17 year old nephew to come pick sticks and untie knots. He's greener than green with zero labor experience so I kept him away from the rope and lowered everything from the tree.

As usual it was more work than I anticipated and I'll have to return to cut my gin pole/tie in down and haul the block out of the yard. It's a long weekend Monday but I'm too burnt to do much today. Took me 4 hours to edit this stupid video but at least I could do it from the couch.

Nice vid. :rockhard:

Interesting- Many if not most of the trees here are fully leafed out

What's spookier? That wrecked tree or the cellar doors in Patrick's picture. I would turn and run from both.

Lordy that must have been some explosion when the bolt hit.

Climber would like it alot less with no crane.

I remember waay back in the day, I was working for my first tree outfit, we had a similar tree but it was an oak, utterly blasted by lightning. I remember thinking I wouldn't go up that tree for all the money on earth. The climber took it apart and I felled the spar. When bucking into firewood, as each round was severed it would roll apart into 4 nearly perfect quarters, complements of the lightning strike.

Why not pay the climber of that fractured tree as much as the crane company, absent the crane?

Never got paid more than 700 bugs for a day of gnarly climbin........

And CO's are more likely to survive serious errors...

Jomo...

Im not planning on making any pics till we are below the shattered section. We will swing jib and pull stinger as this is a very tall poplar. I will fly climber with no chains on the ball and he will make spear cuts every 10' or so till we get low enough.

Sounds good to me as long as I can get the climber on board.

I got you beat Jomo 15-20 years ago I used to sub for $1000 day;)

Don't last long does it?

But doing gnarly removals without a crane, made me keenly aware that doin it everyday was a recipe for the grave over time, IMO.

Lotsa strategic removals out there today that are inaccessible to a crane.

Proof there are still climbers around that are up to snuff.

Never doubt that a timberhitch needs to be tail wrapped over at least half the log's circumference!

Jomo

nice work!
double unicenders?
this ftc spiral lanyard will not catch such a big saw, snapped one with a ms 261 on the first day (of the lanyard). also snapped one with a ms 160t, but that was with one that should've been retired..
greetings,
friedrich

Back