The Official Work Pictures Thread

It has several uses. 100' or less, no back up prussic. I can use it for positioning with my tail, bail out in an E.
Its mostly For E. Can use it for lowering in a pinch.
Prune like that, I just descend on my devise. Akimbo on that climb. HH on the kitteh rescue last night.
I mostly use it on spars to decend. Set a line for raptor. Decend. Get bigger saw, wraptor up and get back to work.

A few pics highlighting some of my work recently. Today we were working for the city of Ocoee removing some crap trees from a water runoff area. The job was scheduled for May because it is our driest month and this area is flooded several months of the year. We rigged this tree to drop it and tied an anchor line to another tree against the lean. This tree had lots of back weight and they are exceptionally brittle. Thanks to the anchor line we were able to pull it into the lay and kept it out of the homeowner's yards.
We had to build a bridge to cross the running water. Some pallets and plywood along with some rubber mats all worked great. Message_1652881937921.jpg 20220518_115827_Burst01.jpg

I hear you there, anytime they have a less experienced guy doing dangerous stuff I'm anxious because it's not me :lol: I was always of the mindset when the legit stuff is happening i want to be the go to guy, and i don't know turn that off.

So Brian , with the benefit of hindsight are you glad you got back into tree work ?
A am very happy with my current situation. I loved cutting trees but running a business almost killed me. For the first time in 20 years, I can participate in a tree job without being the main guy in charge. I can be a valuable asset to the team but let others do the hard shit. I just sit my ass on the loader and move stuff around.

Good save, PC!

Your climber looks crusty af. That's a good thing. How's he doing?

I have no idea why that 8 is there. Seen it many times with old school climbers.. Hes 60 and been doing trees his whole life. Has done some crane work but is by no means polished at it, but takes advice well. BIG dude, you cant tell from the picture hes 6'4" and no slouch. He has a very laid back approach to life which makes him easy to work with.

Ive been through the ringer here of late with employees. I now use a good contract climber for big shit and my buddy here and there just to keep ticking over.
Brian I can see that, I still love tree work but just hate the whole BS of being a boss and being responsible for every Fing meth head that you hire...

Bigtwig, is that an older pic with the snow, or current?

Back