The Official Work Pictures Thread

Winter moth. Females are flightless, and crawl up the trunk to lay eggs. Pretty aggressive defoliating caterpillars in the summer, last thing those trees need.

Nasty looking fungus.
Is that an American Meripilus species?
If so, goodbye tree, shortly.

Lordy that is a Maine-looking house and pic. Nice work!

Yeah. Phone and cable on one and power on the other. Just service lines though. A bit close getting the truck under but no biggie. The white oak in the back was the climber. Truck couldn’t reach much. First time in a while I used all but a few feet of a 200’ climbing line. One more redirect and I would’ve been in trouble.

... heeeeeeeeeeere’s Jonny ! That’s the easy part ... the cutting goes quick but moving the chunks / splitting is where you earn your keep ! Go Bills ! Think I might have a vodka and tea , me back is a wee bit tight 8)

Wow that 500 has awesome chain speed, but the torque is nothing to write home about, even with Sean’s mild squish-n-port. I DID absolutely love the insanely light limb-out experience, and I personally could care less about the AV sag. Plus... what tree service guy ever gave two cents about fuel consumption. “Boss is payin anyways.”😂
View attachment trim.E31808C0-91AF-4386-BA1C-C9DCA4144FAF.MOV

Best I can figure, it's the about the same spring based AV on the 500 that the now venerable 361 sports, introduced many a year ago.

Jed, my friend...I think it might take an experienced sawyer to be able to finesse that sloppy AV...like you are :). And to achieve that requires constant attention, experienced or not. Even then, it can be a real challenge under anything other than the most straightforward cuts.

You can ask how I know...and I'll tell you about some mighty crappy cuts, before I learned to pay very close attention to the inputs you make to these "sloppy" AV system saws.

Needs to break in a bit. I love mine. Still on the fence between my favorite. My 462 is still my go to a lot.
15 tanks it’ll be quicker for sure ... @Jed ... that’s no off-the-roll chain on from what I can see on the 500i ... The engine design of both the 462c and the 500i favors the higher rpm in stock form and both saws Achilles’ heel is chain stop when the saw “falls off the pipe” or as @Jed stated a lack of or perceived lack of torque ... Fortunately the “low end” grunt can be made much stronger and still retain power up top ... IE a torque-e ballsy build ... Unfortunately neither saw will outperform a well built 30 year old 064 .... AV be damned , cuttin wood not playin tiddlywinks

Reactions: Jed
Back