The Official Work Pictures Thread

Really ? The Hotwoods ported 064 is 85cc and I’m running an 8pin ... The ported 395xp is 94cc runnin 7 pin ... both saws runnin 25”Off roll STIHL RS chain ....... .... I’ll wait

How does the ported 64 compare to a ported 660?

Comparing to a 395 I like comparing an apple to an orange.
Depends who is s modding the saws ... The 660 is a tank but has a very low BMEP - It can be made into a great runner IF the builder knows what he’s doing ... I’d take a 066 over a 660 because of .... wait for it ..... port timing ! ..... BC6DA70A-2B4F-45BA-962D-27C06A726BD7.png BC6DA70A-2B4F-45BA-962D-27C06A726BD7.png

Last edited:
We spent the day working on our bat nesting cavity project.
Sunny, cold day with no wind.
The trees were warmer inside than the air, so lots of steam when we cut.

P1070939.JPG P1070954.JPG P1070956.JPG P1070973.JPG

I tried climbing today for the first time since my accident.
I think that is over and done with for me.
I can't open a carabiner with my crippled hand.
I usually sit and squeeze a jelly ball when I read, to strenghten the hand, now I'll try sitting with a carabiner and see if I can train it to open that.
But I'm not optimistic.
Can still run a saw with the best, though.
Something to be happy about.

Lots of fuel = lots of power. You have to load the engine properly to extract that power. :D
While in theory that is true it most certainly is not always the case ... The 500i is a thirsty-beast in stock trim let alone modded ! A conventional carb can be adj , mtronic will adapt, and like I said previously unless someone can hack the 500i Fuel-inj protocol a guy is stuck with a gas hog ...
Considering how emissions conscious the world is these days, you'd think there would be efficient use of the gas, and less wasted out the exhaust compared to older saw designs.

Course it is, the man is a fool.
Foolish for trying to learn a another language? Yah , whatever pal ... I’ll be sitting by the woodstove modding saws with a cold beverage and a cigar while you are jumping around like a monkey 🐒 in the tree ... get out of dodge ya maggot ! Bad case O’ the Fagans again eh @Mick! That’s 3x this week ... What a dryshite

Considering how emissions conscious the world is these days, you'd think there would be efficient use of the gas, and less wasted out the exhaust compared to older saw designs.
What you are saying is true imho especially with the new strato-charged saws ...... I can get more powa and have a torque-yer saw with precise port-timing and flow enhancements than by advancing timing and raising compression ... All saws built by me have stock squish and compression with the exception of the 261c which is decked ... Why if I lowered the squish I’d p/u an easy .5-.8 hp on each saw - there’s a reason I don’t do that though I will if a customer requests it ... I don’t “make them run” like some “other builders who shall remain nameless” ... Rather I let them run :lol: ....Big Difference

Last edited:
572xp PHO $800 , deal $750 ... 576xp I can get for $599 PHO ... no deals ... Both saws brand new ...list price higher for both but includes bar and chain ... using these prices as a guide I’d say the 576xp guy is making out quite nicely and is more than likely getting (albeit smaller displacement) a better shake

Last edited:
Had a job on yesterday and today, back on Monday for the last two trees.

13 decent sized spruce to be removed from a kindergarten play area. Lost of obstacles to avoid and they wanted as many of the smaller trees to be left. 4 are being left as poles to rig a sail /canopy to for the kids to play under.

A combination of climbing, some big tops when we had space and a straight fell or two. 2 climbers and 3 on the ground and the Avant. So far 6 truckloads of chips and probably two loads of timber on a grab lorry. It was a bit of a pain as everything had to go to the front car park via a narrow service road. So the timber was cut to 2 metres to get it out. 11 trees done in two days and last two Monday.

DAFDACC1-F323-434B-BD6B-3D4CF11EFF3B.png 349E6488-621F-43E6-9157-9934C2AC5A4C.png E6A73CBC-642E-451C-8BED-1245D0C36F63.jpeg

Tight spots!

What will be done with those logs?

Nice account, didn't know you had one! 8)

Thanks Cory.

Is Charliefocus you?

There were some pretty tight spots to fit shit in. Rubber matting on the floor etc that if we busted it would have been very expensive, uplights, children’s play equipment and some newly planted trees. They had one blow over early October in a storm so it got them a bit spooked...

Half the trees hollow at the base and the other half in decent condition.

Last edited:
The logs will probably be chipped for biomas. Once the grab lorry turns up, they are gone. Would have been nice to keep them a bit longer but we would have had to skid them out length ways and it would have left more skid marks on the asphalt than Barry Sheene’s underpants!

Last edited:
Good work.

In the second to last picture, what's the orange thing?

Looks like its on your saw lanyard, near your giant umbrella attached on a long lanyard.

Good for when you need to quickly get out of a tree. That was one of my first memorable lessons in physics when I was ~8yr old. I thought jumping off the roof with an umbrella parachute was winning idea. Didn't work as well as I imagined... :^/

Back