The Official Work Pictures Thread

I’ve have a 460 and 461. No leaks. I wonder if it’s due to high temps, or is it a year-round thing?
It's the casting of the tank. The o ring in the cap doesn't seal against the tank. They both have leaked from the first day I bought them (461 and 462).

I'm not American, so I don't have the fixation for power.
To me, as an everyday for 8 hours user, there are other factors that count.
The, to me, best thing about the 500i is that you pump it in the morning and the rest of the day, just pull the starter and go.
No thinking about whether it has been sitting long enough to need choke etc.
Just pull and go.
I thought about that 3 days ago, when the kid managed to flood his 395 ( I think) and had to pull some 2 billion times to get it running.

If I only thought about power, I'd get one of Frankies mods, that can outpull anything else, while at the same time use less gas :lol:
I was just pointing out some facts I learned recently for your consideration. They are pretty close, one having more power, the other torque.

The only saw I have that really leaks is my PoulanPro, same as the old PP I had. The echo 2511 will dribble fuel if crud gets on the gasket, but that's easy enough to deal with.

I'm not American, so I don't have the fixation for power.
To me, as an everyday for 8 hours user, there are other factors that count.
The, to me, best thing about the 500i is that you pump it in the morning and the rest of the day, just pull the starter and go.
No thinking about whether it has been sitting long enough to need choke etc.
Just pull and go.
I thought about that 3 days ago, when the kid managed to flood his 395 ( I think) and had to pull some 2 billion times to get it running.

If I only thought about power, I'd get one of Frankies mods, that can outpull anything else, while at the same time use less gas :lol:
Does the kid know that if he holds the throttle wide open and pulls the rope until it fires it will only take five or so pulls? Obviously it's not proper starting procedure but it works.

More lift work. Good sized live oak lost a side, was punky, cracked longitudinally up the stem, kind of giving up the ghost into 3 blue oak next to a leach field. So pieced it out of the other three oaks, started pruning them since they were scheduled to be. Dropped the Live oak stems the next day and finished pruning the mistletoe and hazard dead out of the three oaks it was in, and gave them one on the fence line while I was set up there. Thanks to the mini for moving the lift to something like 6-7 set ups. The truck just could not place it everywhere. A self driven Nifty would have been great or the Genie they no longer have. Still had to get out of the bucket to get up in the tops of two of them. Fun times in 104*. Home owner will grind the stump (that contains wire fence) with his forestry mower.
Fodder. IMG_0397.JPG IMG_0398.JPG IMG_0399.JPG IMG_0400.JPG IMG_0401.JPG IMG_0402.JPG IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0405.JPG IMG_0409.JPG

20200820_141744.jpg 20200820_141740.jpg 20200820_193657.jpg

Soooo, the trees down. However, apparently in my haste to get the lift back to the rental store, the wheel of the lift kissed my big saws rear handle, crushing it. So i had to make that cut with my buddy's ground saw, a 16" box store special lol. No one noticed the saw was down until i got back, so i couldn't even rent one while i was there picking up the stump grinder, which of course now i can't even use.

Since i had crushed the exact same part before, cutting a tree years ago right after my dad died (cut through the hinge, shouldn't have been working that soon), i come home and check on it... and i think i can cobble something workable to finish. New part will be here early next week, but if i can fix my saw, then hopefully i can knock it out. Wish me luck lol. Not my best day by any means.

Sucks about the saw, but good recovery!

edit:
Is that why you bored the middle; to get the back of the hinge setup(short saw)?

Kyle,
My dad died 2 years ago. I was a wreck that never shed a tear, I just had an incredible number of work accidents. 2 years later I still get calls from the many people that he made an impression on.

Steve,
That's great work! Seems that it should be called live and die oak. They have really dramatic life cycles it appears. The Vermeer 1250xp, be still my beating heart and bend my class 3 hitch! What does she have for power?

Sucks about the saw, but good recovery!

edit:
Is that why you bored the middle; to get the back of the hinge setup(short saw)?

Yup, called gutting the hinge. Learned it here obviously! Ok, so the old part has a workable trigger and tank, so this is what i came up with. 5 min epoxy and some fiberglass. Hopefully it'll work, I'll swap it tomorrow before work. No rest for the dumb. I'll probably just duck tape the top of the handle for tomorrow, but if it works I'll steal parts and actually cobble it even better, and then that way it'll never break again there because I'll have a backup part ready to go lol.

20200820_220457.jpg

Back