The Official Random Video Thread!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9LxrSgbd5ug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Where is Jesse Jackson when you need him? If that is a hostess club, I want to go!

German made Festool are great tools, their whole range of gear. If you have the budget, there is nothing better. Very accurately made equipment.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RhLQgMWF_ts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The triple tracking feature where the blade doesn't tend to wander or bend when cutting thick material, is a very good feature, and the strobe that makes the blade appear motionless, awesome! I don't own any Festool myself, but i recently borrowed what they call a Q joiner, that cuts slots in various sizes for perfectly mating wood inserts. I had never used their gear before, but have heard a lot about it. I was extremely impressed, I mean all the adjustments and the workmanship in the tool was beautiful. Got to hand it to the Germans for this gear that they make.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o4jB7hNW1BY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I got that Butch. Just this one wouldn't let me for some reason. I couldn't find the embed code. Same with the last one now that I think of it, and that one was a serious WTF.

It's right there, the highlighted part. You probably weren't holding your mouth right! :P

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 27
Looks like LambChop didn't like that switch too much.:lol:

Jay, I tried to buy a Carvex last year, but they weren't available in the US. I have the TS75 Rail saw with about 18' of rail. Had to do a bunch of 43' rabbets last year. Yup, forty-three feet.:D I can't find any pics of the long rabbets. Might be in my other phone. Festool is great stuff. I hate power tools, and I've spent about $1,200 on the saw and accessories so far.:roll:

Dave, I know what you are saying about power tools, but i find them a necessary evil to a certain extent, having I guess what you would say are just about all the basics, and none of that joint-a-matic type gear that they come up with. I'd be more inclined to thickness by hand if people were willing to pay for it, save the need to lift weights too! Quality machinery makes a heck of a difference, and much more enjoyable to use than rougher stuff. A precise table saw however, I think particularly is a thing of beauty. I need to hand plane everything after machining, not the crude cut and sand to a line approach. Good machining is pretty critical for good woodwork, nice clean and accurate cuts makes for inspiring and consistent all the way through a job. Europeans have a somewhat different approach, and they like precision. Festool is out of that. Some pretty wigged out things can be done with one particular piece of equipment that they put out. Gaps are unacceptable, it's pleasing to find a means to that end, and not by just pushing buttons.

My plan, when I build my own shop, is to have a full power tool shop in the basement to process stock. Then it goes upstairs to get finished with hand tools. I know how to take a rough sawn board down to finish dimensions with hand tools, but it is hard to get paid for that. In both timber framing and general woodworking, there seems to be the tendency to design around your tools, rather than to design the product the best way you can. Chain mortisers, common timber lengths, and the size of your circ. saw seem to be the main design factor in today's frames. That's a shame.

Good point about designing around your tools, that is a very astute observation. Working with curves or making straight things also makes for technical divergence approaches. Hand tools makes for a high degree of satisfaction when everything is working right. Probably also where paying dues comes a lot into play to get to that level of comfort.

Brave young man, five times back into hell. One thing that Obama didn't mention, is that the team leader that was eventually killed, when he saw that it was a heavy ambush, his call for artillery support was refused. "Do it or we die". They refused his request, said it was too close to the village and to do their best, which did mean dying. It might not have been diplomatic for Obama to mention that. Silent here, but Dakota is a fine speaking young guy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OXjAF0u9PZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back